Chapter 5: The Exit

The injury lasted to heal completely. His heart was still beating accelerated, because of the emotion from being much, much close from the death. He stayed hidden on a dark corner behind a column.

After calming himself down, he followed the path of lights. The encounter with Craistol left him thoughtful about the Failed Mission. Every time he was trying to remember something new, a block prevented him. There was only a great emptiness inside his mind. There were many gaps. He couldn't identify what and who he was forgetting.

"Friend" revealed the transformations were irreversible and he didn't have any idea into what he was transforming.

And the worst. According to Craistol, Clarissa was really in failed mission and probably had done a bigger role than she had told him. He questioned why she lied and if he could trust on this from Craistol or not.

These questions bothered him until the path of light's end. Entered into an enormous hangar, full of starships which generally had appeared in sightings of UFO's. Fly-sources of minor size, ships in shapes of cigars or in triangular ones.

- With these ships they should patrol the whole planet!... Maybe the whole universe! – He said observing the ships stored in the hangar, from the top of a platform, where was a panel in front the door the entered.

He pressed the red button of the panel. The gate in the other side of the dark hangar, opposite to the platform, opened.

The sun light invaded, almost blinding Fabio. He protected his eyes with his right hand. The white light transformed into a purple light. The recognition came as fast as the purple ray. The platform destroyed. The triangular starship of light went into the hangar.

Anchieta got out the wreckages and took cover under a fly-source from the starship. A purple ray destroyed the top of the source. Fabio almost was mashed by the fly-source.

He ran to behind a ship in shape of cigar. A purple ray pushed the cigar-ship. Fabio continued to run. Other ray and the ship almost mashed him. Other shot, the ship exploded.

A fragment hit Fabio who became severely injured. He fell over his knees. The starship fired white rays against him. He returned to run. Stayed behind containers and removed the metal piece from his back. A purple ray made containers fell over him. He avoided the death.

Anchieta needed to climb a ramp, in order to escape the starship's shots. Running over the ships of different shapes and sizes, sometimes, connected to each other by scaffolding or stacked side by side, he managed to outwit the triangular starship.

Mistake. He turned on a corner and exposed himself to its shots. Jumped to a platform on a wall and took cover behind a metal box.

The ship shot against some barrels. They burned and two of them rolled to near Anchieta before exploding.

- Son of a bitch! – Fabio swore seeing a lot of blood. Ran, trying to avoid the most of shots as possible. He swung on the magnet of a crane to reach a flying saucer.

A purple ray destroyed the fly-source before Fabio could escape. The explosion threw him to a platform. The starship strafed the platform. He dragged while boxes and containers fell or were devastated.

He found a laser bazooka that fell from a box. He stayed behind a big container and analyzed the weapon. It utilized an infrared beam to guide its shots. The ship flew over the platform.

- Now you die. – He fired a great green laser ray, seemed a rocket leaving a green and bright trail in the air. The starship ended up going a little to the side with the explosion.

The bazooka fired again, but the starship destroyed with its shots. Fabio shot again, this time he spun the infrared, the laser followed the trajectory of spins, dodging the starship's shots.

Fabio found a box in the platform with bazooka's ammunition. The starship seemed to bleed light in each shot it received until it finally exploded after ten rays, leaving a yellow light that lasted to turn off.

Soldiers rappelled into the hangar. He used the bazooka against all of them. Running to the gate.

There, he dropped the bazooka and grabbed an iron cable. He slipped and reached the roof of a building. He spotted the black starship detached from the Fly-source and coming down after him.

He escaped, jumping from a building to another. The starship used its tentacles to support and move over the buildings it destroyed with violence. The Fly-source released the cables and disappeared with a jump in the space and time.

Anchieta went down from a destroyed building, balancing over ruins. Arrived at the ground and jumped into a hole made by a bomb in Sé station. The starship flew over that place. Its soldiers dominated the station quickly.

No centimeter was left untouched by the soldiers. The body of Arachnid was there and was executed by a few soldiers. A hole that took to the sewer was searched many times. The stations, streets and buildings nearby also were searched. But Fabio Anchieta wasn't found.

After an hour of pursuit, they gave up and came back to the starship. It went in its cloak mode. The wanted by the soldiers finally could get out from Arachnid's mouth.

Even dead, Arachnid's poison still corroded, and he had to hold the pain all this time.

- So everything... They are real. – Fabio said looking at the Lord-Monster corpse. Heard noises and also felt blows of wind coming from the darkness in the station. He believed the shadows were moving.

Afraid, he got out the station through a stairwhere the wall of webs was dismantled. He wanted to never be there again, andneither in the Fly-source.