Chapter 12

Hey guys here is another chapter. I'm at my mom's so I can't update till tomrrow night.

I scratched the back of his head with my nails. I was oddly proud of myself for being the cause of the lovely noises Jaxton was making. Something about this strong male beneath me with his arms wrapped around my waist made me want to please him. Not in the way that Matthias conditioned me into having to please him to feel good about myself.

    I winced when I felt the stitches pull and Jaxton froze an apologetic whine coming from his throat. I stopped scratching and held my arm back in front of me. The healer said it would only take one or two days for my arm to heal. Apparently alpha Cassian hadn’t done as much damage as I had originally thought.

    Most of the damage had been my fault for sticking my arm in his mouth. I hadn’t really been thinking about it though.

The limo curved around a bend in the road and my stomach swirled in response. I hadn’t eaten anything since that rabbit and I get easily car sick. Jaxton was drawing slow circles on my hip still looking worried about me. I let out a low groan and held my stomach with my good hand.

    “What’s wrong?” Jaxton asked me worriedly.

“I’m getting carsick,” I moved to open the window slightly, the cold fall air helping calm my nausea, “Do you think we could stop for something to eat? It would help if I had something in my stomach.”

“Yeah of course princess. I’m sorry,I didn’t even think about that.”

“Thank you, Jaxton, I’m sorry to be a bother.” I looked down at my lap shifting around.

Asking for food from Matthias would’ve gotten me scolded and told how I don’t need to be putting on more weight. He told me I should be a warrior or a hunter for our pack so that I lose weight. I never told him that I wanted to be a therapist, I wanted to be a healer of the mind not the body.

Matthias wanted me skinny and obedient. I was never good at that…

“Hey… princess you’re never a bother. You saved me from having my throat ripped out… the least I can do is give you some food, besides we haven’t eaten in a while.”

“Okay, teddy bear. Thank you.”

“Teddy bear?” Jaxton asked me, his eyebrows raised in confusion.

“Yeah… teddy bear.” I shrugged. “I hate it when couples call each other baby or babe. I mean there isn’t anything wrong with it, it’s just everyone does it and I want to call you something different.”

“Okay little one,” Jaxton grinned at me, “I better figure out something unique for you...after I tell the driver to stop somewhere we can get food.”

My buppy lifted me off his lap and placed me gently on the seat next to him. I watched as Jaxton opened the panel that was keeping the driver from watching us and spoke softly to him, the driver nodding in response before turning on his blinker. Jaxton closed the panel and walked back towards me stumbling slightly when the driver turned.

“Where are we gonna be stopping?” I asked, ignoring the blush taking over my face. I hated it out here, in the Ring I hadn’t been ashamed of basic things like needing to eat. Now though all the “lessons” Matthias had tried to teach me were starting to come back.

Eating too much was bad. Looking at other males was bad. Taking birth control was bad. Telling him I didn’t want to fuck was bad...that one was really bad. Telling him my hopes and dreams was bad. Asking him to hold me after what happened to my grandmother was bad.

I know that what I had with Matthias wasn’t normal. I had convinced myself he was the only one who would want me, and he helped me believe that too. Jaxton was different though, in the Ring he didn’t let his possessiveness and anger at me getting hurt control him.