Part 3

Aiden was sitting in the school library, looking through the adult fiction section, when she spotted a book she had been searching for. She went to grab it as she collided with another hand, Aiden looked up and was greeted by the other new girls face. 

"oh, sorry" Aiden mumbled, as she backed away 

"Its no problem! I'm Kaitlyn, nice to meet you" 

She was glowing. Aiden had been avoiding her as she seemed like a basic popular girl, but even by that one sentence she could tell her early judgement was incorrect.

"I'm Aiden, just joined a week or 2 ago"

"I know, I'm in your class, I thought you were a teacher when you walked in! Its not fair you're so tall."

"Oh so you were part of the crowd laughing at me? I see" 

She was disappointed, she should of known it was too good to be true. She started to walk away as she felt Kaitlyn's hand grab her arm. Aiden flinched, and Kaitlyn noticed it easily.

"Whats wrong with your arm?"

Before Aiden could reply, Samara swiftly rolled up Aiden's sleeve. There were scars, and they clearly weren't accidental.

"I- I'm so sorry. Its so sad to see this. Here's my Snapchat, I'm always here to talk about this stuff. And FYI, I didn't laugh at you, I'm not that sort of person"

"Just fuck off. You and your mates have done enough." Aiden said gritting her teeth.

The librarian gave her a dirty look as she briskly walked out the room, and went to skip the rest of the school day.

There was a wooden ramp leading to a deserted part of beach that Aiden spent most of her time by. She walked down slowly. She should have been in English but that was the last thought in her head right now. Aiden sat on a rock and looked out to sea. She sat there for 2 hours watching the waves, and then suddenly got an urge. She hopped off the rock, and walked towards the ocean, progressively getting faster. she was waist deep in water, and started going out further. It was winter, and she could no longer feel her legs due to how piercingly cold the water was. She didn't care. She couldn't deal with this any longer. The pain, inside and out. She just wanted to be at rest. This was the only way to relieve her pain. Aiden started to let herself sink, but just as her nose hit the water, she couldn't. Her mum needed her, her gran, her whole family. Aiden and her mum had just left a toxic environment and were both struggling. Her tears were the only warm part about her as she made it back to shore, wrists burning from the salt reaction. She went back to the rock, and leant against her bag. she waited a few hours to dry off before heading home. Another failed attempt.