Part 4

Aiden avoided Kaitlyn for weeks. She couldn't stand that only she had known about her cutting, what if she told her friends? Or a teacher? Then her mum would get told and she would worry about her. Her mum had enough of her own problems to deal with, shes just ended a 10 year abusive relationship and is low on money. Aiden didn't want to have to bother her mum with yet another problem, its not like she was going to kill herself, right? She could never do that to her family, she saw how distraught they were after what happened last year with Arlo. Aiden was sitting in her room, drawing and listening to music (of course) when she heard a doorbell ring. She opened her front door and was greeted by Kaitlyn. She went to shut the door but Kaitlyn stuck her leg in between the door and the frame.

"Please let me in"

"How did you find my house?"

"I was walking to the beach the other day and I saw you walk in"

"Creepy, get lost"

"Look the other day-"

"No, just go away, I don't want to speak about it"

She went to close the door again.

"If you don't let me in I'm telling a teacher"

Aiden panicked. After debating with herself for a few seconds she opened the door.

"If you're going to come in then we aren't speaking about it. Deal?"

"Ok, that's not why I came anyway"

Kaitlyn followed Aiden into her living room. Aiden went into the kitchen and seconds later came back with 2 cider cans.

"Apple and Kiwi" Aiden says as she tosses the can.

" I don't drink,  and neither should you actually. we're only 13"

"Suit yourself"

Aiden took the can back and they sat down.