Chapter 3

Shard's POV

The day's are getting harder to bear, the cold weather and loneliness I think are starting to get to me. The only way I'm not going insane, is because I talk out loud to myself. Often times, it's just about random things that pop into my mind, and others, I'm talking about ways to defeat Doom. "Why are my thoughts so random." I said aloud to no one. I sighed, and tossed some more wood onto my fire.

Agura's POV

Okay, I know for sure that Zoom is acting strangely. I swear I saw him slip something over his neck, and then he apologized, to STANFORD!!! Sure, he had punched the Britt in the face, and he should apologize for that, but it was still strange. 

We drove off to the capitol building that Kala had said that Sage was at, and everyone besides Kala and Vert waited outside while they went to talk to her. Zoom stayed off to the side as Sherman, Stanford and Spinner all talked to each other. I watched him speaking quietly to Blaze, or himself. I wasn't sure.

I decided it was best if I checked on him, so I walked over to Zoom, and set a hand on his shoulder. He froze, and looked like he was about to punch something, but relaxed when he saw it was just me. 

"What's up?" I asked, and Zoom sighed. "The sky." (I'm so funny.) he replied quietly. And I chuckled a little. "But seriously, is something wrong?" I asked, before noticing the necklace he was wearing. Zoom shook his head, tucking the gold chain into his shocksuit. "I'm fine, just tired is all." he said, smiling a little as Blaze spun around his head. 

"Alright, if you ever need to talk, feel free to." I said, and Zoom nodded. I walked back over to the others as Kala and Vert came back out of the building. "Sage said she'll help, but even the Sentients advanced technology isn't able to pinpoint the signal's location. It's like there's some sort of... interference. Like the weather or something." Vert said, and I nodded. "So, we got the keys to the battle zones that have really bad weather, and there's about... 17 of them." Kala added, "Alright, should we, maybe, split up to cover more of them?" I asked, but Vert shook his head. "If we did that, it has to be in pairs. These zones are all dangerous." he replied, and everyone paired up. Spinner and Sherman with Stanford. Kala with me, and Vert with Zoom.

"Alright, everyone meet back her after your done examining the zones, then we'll go into the other ones together." Vert said, and everyone nodded, getting into (or onto) their vehicles.

Vert's POV

I chose to go with Zoom for a reason, considering he's been acting strange, and I want to see if he'll talk to me like we used to. I'm not sure if he will, but it might work if I try. We went off together into a battle zone that had major wind problems, so Zoom couldn't fly, but it was better then him getting wet, and getting a cold. 

"Alright, let me know if you see anything." I said, and Zoom nodded absentmindedly. (P.S. Blaze went with Spinner and Sherman, because he would get blown around if he stayed with Zoom. Just so you know.) I started to run a search protocol on my computer for the signal, which was going to take a few minutes to load completely.

Zoom stayed completely silent as my search ran, and after an hour, if finally finished. "It's not coming from here." Zoom said before I opened the report. I looked over at him, before down at the report, that held the same results. "How did you know?" I asked, and he sighed. "There's nowhere to go, and wind doesn't cause that much interference. Let's just go back." Zoom muttered, turning the Chopper around, and opening the portal. I followed him, and shut the portal behind us, before heading back to our meeting place with the others.

Stanford, Sherman, and Spinner had similar results with nothing there, but Kala and Agura weren't back yet. "What's taking so long?" I wondered, worried about them. There portal opened, and the 2 came out, towing something behind them. They both looked mad, which made me confused, and as Kala climbed out, she shoved someone forward, making him fall to his knees. Everyone gasped as the person looked up. "Look who we found in that battle zone." Agura said, pointing to Opposite Zoom (Who I will put in here under the name of FZoom, because I can).

Dun, dun, dun!!! 

What was Opposite Zoom doing in a battle zone?

Comment what you think,

and know that this will be revealed soon enough!

Thanks for reading.

Song: Lost Control

             By: Alan Walker ‒ ft. Sorana

             Channel: Taz Network