Chapter Twenty-Two

Rose's POV

I got up excited because today's my birthday. I'm not sure if Elliot knew or not because we never really talked about. We were sleeping over at my place, right now and Lily and Ty were as well. I was sitting on the bed as I watched Eli get ready. Damn, I couldn't get my eyes off of him. Right now he wasn't wearing a shirt and was standing in front of the mirror moisturizing his body.

I rolled off my bed and hugged him from behind. I kissed his back and he wrapped my arms tighter around him. I moved my head towards the side to see his face and he seemed down.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked him to rub his sides.

His eyes met mine and they looked tired and empty, which reminded me of the day we had spent on the beach. I wanted to ask him what's going on with him because the past couple of weeks I've waited patiently for his answer. He hasn't told me anything; I knew that it would take a while but I wanted him to know that he could trust me.

He said, "I need to tell you someth-" Someone barged in the room and I turned around to find Lily.

"Happy Birthday Rose." She ran towards me and jumped on me hugging me. Ty walked inside and had his eyebrows furrowed and asked, "Today's your birthday?"

I nodded excitedly. I'm officially eighteen year old and there's only a couple weeks left until we're done with highschool.

"Does sh-" Ty seemed tensed as he looked at Elliot, he seemed quite worried. I looked at Elliot to see him staring at Ty. What's going on?

"Happy birthday Rose but I'm going to borrow Eli for a while," Ty said while forcing a smile.

"I don't thi-" Ty cut Eli off and said, "Elliot Li you're coming with me right now." He nodded while rubbing his eyes and walked towards Tyler. Why's Tyler angry and what's going on. I looked at Lily and she seemed quite surprised by Ty's tone.

"He's never been this angry before; I wonder what they're talking about," Lily said.

I hummed in response wondering what had just happened and I wanted to find out today. The party started at seven pm and right now it was eleven am. I had enough time to get everything ready. My parents had people over to decorate the house because they wanted it to be perfect. When I mean "they" I just mean my dad.

"I'm hungry. I have a surprise for you go get changed," Lily said I smiled excitedly. I picked out a cute outfit and went inside the bathroom. I completely forgot that this bathroom is connected to the guest room. I walked towards the other door that leads to the guest room.

I opened the door a little and I heard muffled whispers from the other side.

"When will you tell her?" Ty asked.

"I can't. Not today, I don't want to ruin her birthday," Elliot said. He rubbed his eyes, which were bloodshot red. There were dark circles beneath his eyes which only meant that he hadn't slept all night.

"Eli I understand but how are you going to go through with it? How are you feeling? I just-" Elliot cut him off and sighed.

"I'm fine. I'm going to have to go through it," Elliot said. Ty stared at him worriedly and he seemed really concerned as he stared at Elliot. I left before they could see me; I got out of the bathroom and room and made my way downstairs.

After a while Elliot and Ty came down and we were ready to go out and eat. At times I'd find him looking at the ground and every time. I'd catch him and he'd give me a smile but I know that he's forcing it. I wanted to ask him what was wrong but he'd always change the topic and talk about something else.