Lemon / Wholesome Stream

Author: Lem0nnn_

Ship: Skephalo

Plot: Wholesome stream?

AU: None

TW: None

Zak smiled at Darryl's failed attempt at a pun and shook his head. "That was the stupidest thing I've heard all day, Bad."

He only called his friend by his online name when recording or when they were streaming, which they were currently doing. It was definitely past when they should've gone to bed- just past 4:30- but neither of them felt tired. Zak enjoyed being in Darryl's presence. There was no easy way to describe how it felt; it was a warm kind of feeling that you didn't even notice until it was gone. It was something Zak longed for constantly, even if he didn't realize it.

"Aw I thought it was good!" Darryl pouted.

Zak couldn't help but laugh again. "Seriously?" he asked.

This at least made Darryl sound less embarrassed, and he laughed along with Zak. Sometimes he wondered if the boy knew he was only joking with all of his trolls and small teases. As much as he would never admit, he really cared for Darryl. Possibly as more than a friend, but he didn't want to think about that. It would only make things awkward between the two, so he stuck to harmless flirting. Darryl always managed to mistake it for "just a friend thing", which was probably for the best, but still made Zak's heart ache. He always wanted to be the reason Darryl smiled. Whenever he laughed, Zak wanted to laugh too. 

Zak muted his mic, smiled, and said goodbye to his stream, knowing if he kept this up, he might say something he meant. Which was the last thing they needed right now, after everything else that was going on currently. He ended the stream

"Goodnight Bad, love you."

"Skeppy, you're streaming..." Darryl said, wariness laced deep in his voice. Zak's heart quickened before he realized Darryl probably just hadn't seen that it ended. 

"No, it's okay, I ended it." He replied, and quickly checked to confirm the had, in fact, ended it. It kind of hurt that after last time, Darryl was afraid to say the simple phrase, "I love you" in front of other people. But, then again, Zak couldn't really blame him. It took a lot to mess with his friends bubbly personality, but ever since 'the incident' there were less and less bubbles. Like a soda that had been sitting out for a few hours, flat, bland, and generally uninteresting. Missing the thing that made it, well, soda. 

Darryl sighed, sounding nothing but tired now that he didn't have to pretend anymore. 

"Ok. Goodnight Zak, sleep well."

No, "I love you." But that was ok. It would take time to get back to what they had before, but Zak was determined. He wouldn't let this defeat him, it was just another reason to keep trying. 

Word count: 513

a/n: I haven't finished any big ideas yet, so this is just a sad little filler. It was supposed to be happy and wholesome, but yeah. That didn't go so well lmao