Lime/ My Cat Sat On My Keyboard

Author: Limeee__ / Me

Ship: A6dream (?)

Plot: "My cat sat on my keyboard"

AU: A6d stopped making Minecraft videos, and it's been months since he's talked to anyone

TW: None

-Vincen't POV-

It was a pleasant day for the young French man, when he got an invite from Dream to play Minecraft with him and a few other people. It was true, Vincent hadn't played the game with his internet friends in a while, so he wondered if he should accept the offer or not.

"Maybe playing again will be good for me. And for everyone else." He thought. Maybe then they would stop asking him if he was ever going to play again. Who was he kidding, he gets messages every single day from strangers asking him if he was ever going to go back to making Minecraft videos.

"If I get on it might suck me into a never ending vortex of memes- what if there is more drama then when I left the community? What if I keep staring at my screen for hours and hours without sleep like I used to?" Vincent thought, a new wave of anxiety overwhelming him. He took a moment to calm back down and read the message again, hoping that it had somehow magically changed. It hadn't, of course. The same little paragraph was still on his phone screen, every letter exactly as it was earlier.

--

Dream 11: 08

Hey, I know its been some time, but some friends and I are going to get on Minecraft and play for a while, we were just wondering if you'd want to join us. If you don't that's fine, just thought I'd ask. read 11:09

A6d 11:20

Who is playing? read 11:21

Dream 11:21

Uhhh I think just George, Sapnap, Bad, and you if you want. read 11:23

--

"Good." Vincent thought. The last thing he needed right now was Zak's 12 year old, chaotic energy.

--

A6d 11:25

Is there any new drama I need to learn about? Anyone gonna hate me for something I didn't do or anything? read 11:26

Dream 11:26

Ever since you left, everything's been kind of quiet read 11:27

A6d 11:28

What's that supposed to mean? read 11:29

Dream 11:30

Nothing, you should join us. There might be yelling here and there, but that's never going to change. read 11:32

A6d 11:32

I guess I don't have anything better to do read 11:34

Dream 11:35

Does that mean you're going to join us?? Read 11:36

A6d 11:37

Fine read 11:37

Dream 11:38

Cool read 11:39

A6d 11:39

What are we going to do? read 11:41

Dream 11:41

Probably just bedwars or somthin read 11:42

Vincent looked up from his phone screen to see the minecraft loading screen. Once he got everything set up and got logged into hypixel, he joined his friend's channel.

"Bouncy bouncy! Bounce bounce bouncy!" said a very familiar voice. Darryl was repeating the same words over and over again, while running and jumping all over the map. Vincent decided it was probably time to end this repetitive nonsense.

"Ok Bad, I think we get it." Vincent said which followed with a small gasp coming from the surprised boy

"Wait, A6d, is that really you?" asked Darryl sounding very confused. Confused, but hopeful. Vincent assumed Dream hadn't told anyone about agreeing to join them today. Maybe he was the only one who wanted him here. Well, him and Bad, maybe. The boy, who was still excitedly chattering in the background, sounded genuinely happy.

"Yes it's really me." Vincent said with a small chuckle.

"I missed you so much!" Bad sounded like he was going to pop like a balloon full of shock and excitement.

"I missed you too." 

They all joined a match, everyone ready to crush each other in a block game. Everything was going smooth when Vincent suddenly walked off the edge of the map.

"What was that?" asked Dream, who was Vincent's teammate. The partners assigned randomly, and Vincent was happy to see that his teammate was pretty dang good. 

"My cat sat on my keyboard." Vincent answered, sounding a bit annoyed, but not letting that stop him from enjoying the game. 

"So that explains why chat looks like it just had a stroke." Sapnap laughed. When Vincent looked at the bottom left part of the screen and saw that when Ian sat on his keyboard that his cat had wrote out a meaningless message and sent it.

"Hdidbegwkdu 8463vne;" the message read, followed by a random player asking if he was okay. Once Vincent respawned, which felt like ages, out of the corner of his screen he watched Clay sprint and throw himself off the map.

"Sorry, my cat sat on my keyboard." 

"And I'm guessing that would explain chat?" Sapnap asked once again, not knowing whether or not life is just a huge lie.  Vincent's gaze drifted over and saw that Clay had typed out "I love you a6d." Or should he say Clay's cat did it? Vincent didn't have to choose what he wanted to believe as Clay started making tea kettle noises, drowning out everything else. 

Vincent rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore the bottom left segment of his screen. He decided he would start trying to make his way over to Bad and Sapnap's base, where he saw George fighting them both.  who was fighting the two players, quickly jump off of the edge as soon as he saw Vincent slowly building his way towards them.

"Oh, sorry for chat, I accidentally slammed head on my key board." George apologized, and then he and Clay burst into laughter. Once again, Vincent looked at chat and saw "love birds" typed out. By now he wasn't bothered by his friends jokes, they were almost amusing. The game couldn't be used in any videos now because of the chat, so he didn't have to watch what he said nearly as much. He just kept playing silently, trying to hold back his laughter. Maybe if he didn't say anything, this could turn into a normal game of bedwars. 

Once he broke Bad and Sapnap's bed, he returned to his base to see Sapnap was following. As soon as Sapnap step foot onto the base, he stopped, slowly walked over to the edge, and jumped off.

"Sorry my cat sat on my key board, don't mind the chat." Sapnap said, clearly trying to hold back laughter. Vincent hesitated. He didn't know what could be in the corner of his monitor, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know. But, after only a few more seconds of everyone else laughing hysterically, he gave in to his curiosity. His eyes moved to the section of the computer. 

"I'm very uncomfy" Vincent chuckled, he couldn't agree more. He wanted to play a fun game with his friends, but it turned to a weird experience that he wouldn't wish on his greatest enemy. Well, that's a lie but whatever. Vincent's thoughts were interrupted by Bad sounding very confused... again.

"Why do you guys let your pets so close to the keyboard? And George, how do you accidentally smash your head into the keyboard?"

Everyone was silent until George decided to break the awkward silence, "I have my ways."

Before Bad could answer, everyone else burst into laughter, leaving Bad even more confused.

Word count: 1241

a/n: I hate myself why why why- Anyway hope you enjoyed