Lime/sweep tawk

Author: Me / Lemon

Plot: Sleep talk

Ship: Skephalo

AU's: None

TW: None

-Zak's POV-

Zak walked out of his room and down the hallway to see his friend Darryl in the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen his he stopped, smelling something good in the air. Neither of them really cooked, but if someone was going to, nine times out of ten it would be Darryl. Zak wasn't really sure if breakfast for dinner counted as "cooking" but it was more than he ever did. 

"What are you making?" asked the short boy.

"Oh just some eggs and toast." Darryl replied with a smile, jumping at Zak's voice.  

"Darryl, it's 7:00 in the afternoon," said Zak, confused and tired. 

"I heard you were screaming so I thought you would like some breakfast." Darryl replied.

Zak stared at his friend. Sure he was screaming, that was normal for him, but he smiled at the fact that Darryl heard him and the first thing that popped into his mind was to make breakfast at 7 pm. He knew Darryl was one of a kind but... he didn't think that he was this special.

"Anyway, you know how I went to go see Nick?" Asked Zak

"Yeah...?" Darryl replied sounding as confused as Zak was.

"Well he said that I sleep talk, and i got this app that records me when I sleep, " Zak said, sounding very excited.

"So in the morning you can listen to yourself snoring?" Asked Darryl, still confused but trying to keep up with his friend.

"I don't snore!" Zak exclaimed, throwing his hand into the air with an exasperated look on his face. 

Darryl started at the sound of his voice- sure he was expecting Zak to react but he didn't think that he would yell so loud the whole house would shake.

"Sure..." Darryl was very uncomfortable with the energy in the room, so he just stared at the eggs that were still cooking in the pan. 

Before long both boys were sitting at the table enjoying their late breakfast. There was complete silence until Darryl decided to speak up.

"So this app, how long will it record you sleep?" Darryl asked both curious about the app, and wanting to break the silence that had been cast upon them

"I'm pretty sure it records for as long as I want it to. So if anyone decides to break into the house, the audio could pick up their voice." Zak answered with a bit of a chuckle

Darryl looked at his friend in the most confused way. He knew Zak meant it as a joke, but the thought of that happening to him makes his heart ache, not just because they are close friends.

"Well im going to go set up everything and get some rest." Zak announced got up and put his dishes in the sink before disapearing into his lair

"Hopefully this works" Zak huffs under his breath setting up his phone, setting it down on his dresser. He was excited to see, er well hear what he would be saying in his unconcious state. He was also worried about shat he would say, what if he went on and on about how much he loves darryl or about how the only thing he wanted was his friendship wih him to be something more... not long before these thoughts creeped into his mind, he was sound asleep.

Zak awoke to the sun shining bright into his eyes. He lets out a lond sigh before forcing himself out of his bed to brush his teeth and get dressed. walking out of the bathroom he opens his drawer, pulling out a sky blue sweatshirt and quickly pulled the hoodie over his head, somehow making his hair messier than it already was.

"Goodmorning!" Zak jumped as he opened the door to see darryl standing there, holding rat.

"Darryl, what are you doing standing at my door like a weirdo." The small boy cringed as the words came out of his mouth, the last thing he wanted to do this morning was upset his friend.

"I made you breakfast" Darryl told Zak putting the harsh words behind him.

"Thank you, once we sit down we can listen to the recording, yeah?" Zak asked the other boy glad he wasnt offended by the words that had slipped out of his mouth.

"Sounds good to me!" Darryl walked away with the sgorter boy behind him. After setting rat down and getting breakfast set up at the table Zak pulled out his phone and opened the app once again, except this time it was for inspection.

"You ready?" Zak asked darryl, in which he recieved a slight nod and continued on to opening the recording.

For the first few minutes it was Zak getting ready for bed, but around 3 minutes in here was a shuffiling of covers, showing that Zak had entered his bed. It was quiet for a moment but then words started forming, and they sounded just like Zak's sqeaky voice.

"Im just a little muffin, oh but its muffin time." The recording said, leaving darryl a bit surprised, why was Zak's sleeptalk so weird? The recording played for longer while the small boy blurted out phrase after phrase

"Darryl is my friend, I love him very much. And rat, rat is the best rat to ever exist like rat." Darryl immediately blushed not expecting the words to come from his best friend.

"I love you too Zak, and so does rat :p" Darryl managed to giggle out. After these words it had seemed that the recording had stopped, but he checked his phone and the recording was still running. He guessed after that, Zak had fallen into a deeper sleep.

"That was some weird sleep talk." Darryl sat up from his chair, releasing a chuckle as he spoke.

"Darryl..." Zak looked at the other boy his face almost unreadable.

"yeah?" Darryl starred back at his friend. He was very confused, the tone of Zak's voice almost scared him. Was he mad at him, did he do something wrong? He calmed himself down assuring himself it couldnt be too bad, and waited for a reslonse from the short boy.

"I wasnt asleep yet."

1044 Words

A/N I cant tell if this is a short or long chapter, but one thing i do know is that its well over due. Like we said in our announcement, we apoligize for the inconvenience of our mad procrastination. This chapter isnt really anything special, just another thought that came to mind. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I am looking forward to posting more chapters! (Im also pretty tired so if i messed something up, well then ignore it lmao)