XII. Meet the Spectacular Cosmic Fighters

Hey! It's me Ty. You may be wondering why it's me narrating. Due to the emotional and psychological state of my friend, Spark Smoulders, for this part of the story, she's not really in the 'narrating mood' so she asked me to continue it for you instead.
"It would just sound like the bitter rant of an overreacting teenage girl if I did it!" She told me. Ok then.
On another note, don't ask why it's me and not Cane. Too complicated.
So please bear with me! :) (<< Don't know if I'm even allowed to put that hehe.) 

Moving on.

It has been three days since Spark found out about her dad. During those three days, we assumed she must have been going out of her mind but, the strangest thing was is that she acted like nothing happened.
We felt uncomfortable when we laughed and she would join us, when she would start making fun of me or Cane or even Bay, when she chit-chatted with Cove and Cypress. We never saw her cry. We never heard her talk about it, excluding the time she found out. We never even heard her complain, even for just the minor inconveniences going on.
She seemed too cheery for a person who had just lost a father.
I mean, it's not like her father was the only one she had left. She has friends but, her dad was the most important person in her life. I almost wanted to get angry at her. It was unnatural.
Fortunately, she kind of changed during the day of her father's memorial service. Kind of.
The service was short and private. It was held in their backyard at dawn. Everyone was wearing black. The girls wore black dresses and the guys wore their suits. Blaze's closest comrades were there: my father, Torrent, Circuit and even Senator Clara. We were all there to help Spark get through it. Ms. Savannah was there too, to offer her condolences.
Spark kept to herself but she didn't look sad. She seemed calm and collected and showed no emotion. It felt like everyone was preparing themselves to see her have a breakdown, but it never happened.
"Blaze was the most sincere person I have ever met." Senator Clara announced, being obliged to say a few words since no one else had the composure. "He would never hurt anything or anyone. He was kind and wise and brave. He was a good man..." Clara's voice broke. After a deep breath, she continued, "May his spirit, his warm light, be able to reach the horizon. May it merge with the First Rays of Dawn and continue to bring warmth to his loved ones as it did before... You will not be forgotten. Farewell, Blaze."
Clara stepped back to give way for Spark, who crouched beside the neat pile of stones, beneath which was the body of her father. She opened her palm, which showed a few rolls of Cinnasun bark that stained her skin auburn. She inserted them into some of the niches.
Spark stood and stared at the rocks for a few minutes as her hair little by little turned bright red and orange. She let a ball of bright yellow fire dance on her palm as she muttered something to the rocks. After a solemn moment of silence, she pressed her hand onto the stone and stepped back.
The whole pyre was now set ablaze. The subtle scent of Cinnasun roamed the air as if it was Blaze's spirit saying his goodbyes.
Clara's eyes glowed with grief. Torrent wiped a tear from his cheek and sniffled. Circuit wailed and my father was unexpectedly sobbing, saying, "Take care of Iris for me, will ya buddy?"
It made me feel painfully nostalgic. Spark was going through what the rest of us went through; losing someone as important as a parent. It felt like a stab in the chest, but it didn't show on her face. Unlike us though, who had another parent to go back to, she had none. With her mother gone and her father dead, she had just officially become an orphan.
I looked at my brother as he stared at Spark with sympathy, probably thinking what I was thinking and resisting the urge to embrace her. I chuckled in my head in amusement, and then felt utterly guilty for thinking up such a happy thought in a very unhappy situation. Idiot.
Later on, Spark took some ash from the fire-site and put it in an old mason jar. She kept it in her backpack.
Before all of us parted ways, my father paused and said, "So I guess the Spectacular Cosmic Fighters have been reduced from ten to six now?" He fussed. "I seriously miss the good old days."
Cane looked at me suspectingly. "Spectacular Cosmic Fighters? Seriously?" He mouthed and I just shrugged. I was just as dumbfounded as he was.
"Idiot. You're the only one who made that up. Besides, I'm not part of your spectacular hoo-ha whatchamacallit." Senator Clara complained. Ever the snooty airhead. 
You wouldn't imagine a Brille senator calling the Nimbus king an idiot, but it's always been like this. Aunt Clara used to come to the castle and fight over everything with my father. And yes, she's my aunt unfortunately. She's my mom's sister but they had nothing in common. 
"I kind of liked the name though." Torrent said with a grin. "It has a nice ring to it. SPECTACULAR COSMIC FIGHTERS TO THE RESCUE!!" He mimicked an announcer or a really lame superhero.  
"Yes it does." Circuit added with an amused smile.
Senator Clara just rolled her eyes and sighed, shaking her head. Well, I guess it was good that the mood was lightening up a little. 
Since Spark had no one to go back to, my father decided she could stay with us for the meantime. Bay and Cove came with us too, since we were going to finish the Nimbus program back at home.
Father thought that we could continue the wind course at the fortress since it only taught the reps how to use the wind to fly. He would then take us to Mt. Dementia after we finish the course for our frost training. We all agreed.
We all rode in the Caravan with father, gracing us with his benevolent presence. Cane and I were almost tempted to walk home. He gloriously fell asleep within five minutes of the trip, thank gusts, so it wasn't too painfully awkward having him around.
The whole trip, Spark sat by the window as the wind blew her hair. She set herself apart from us. When we asked her if she was okay, she nodded and smiled reassuringly, which made us feel even more uneasy.
When we arrived at the fortress, father brought her to the zen garden and had a little talk with her. Her brows were furrowed and her mouth was a straight line. After a curt nod she walked straight towards where the rooms in the fortress were. She avoided eye contact with all throughout.