III. Become a Representative

"Spark! Hurry Up! We're gonna be late! We have to travel, you know!" Cane shouted restlessly from downstairs.

I was still preparing the things I needed to bring for the quest. The Grand Summit would be starting in an hour. After the Grand Summit, we will be starting with the real quest.

Today, I dressed up special. I wore my favorite red dress for the first time ever since my dad gave it to me on my birthday. It was a sleeveless simple dress and was sort of poofy at the bottom and went down until a few inches above my knees. It had a silver belt. It seemed plain from above, but the tip of the dress was adorned with sequins and sparkles shaped like flames that faded as they went up to the belt. It went great with my hair which I tied to one side. I then put on some silver pumps which hurt like hell, but my dad insisted I wore them. They were my mom's. He told me I had to look perfect in front of the people who were to judge me. But I said, I don't care, as long as I say what I have to to defend myself, they won't be able to hurt me.

I double-checked everything I was to bring with me. The council told me not to bring any clothes since they would be provided for us in each of the places we went to. Although, I still brought some of my favorites, like the shorts I always wear, some sneakers, Cane's raindrop t-shirt that I used as pajamas, and some pairs of extra underwear, just in case, ssshhhh. I then put in the box of caramel popcorn the pastry chef at the bakery gave me. (His name, by the way was, Flames, quite an ironic name for someone so warm and careful with heat.) Some rope and a bottle of water were also there. I put all of these things in the sling bag Cane and Ty had once drawn doodles on.

I was ready, it appeared. But I didn't feel ready. For me, I wasn't ready to face Reverie. But I held my grip.

Down the stairs, I already went, wobbling and holding my slightly heavy bag. It felt like I wasn't going to go down these stairs in a very long time.

"Okay, I'm ready to go." I said hurriedly as I walked to where the front door was. I didn't hear anything. When I looked back, the three men of my life were just standing there. This is so cliché. My dad looked like he was about to cry, Ty was smiling proudly, and Cane's expression was just plain blank, like he always is. The twins were wearing suits, from which I don't know where they got. They looked good, but their hair was still messy. It didn't complement their clothes at all.

"You look just like your mom..." Dad's muffled speech could barely be understood underneath all of his sobbing.

"You look incredible!" Ty said.

I smiled at both of them and said bashfully, "Thanks." I laughed and turned to Cane and Ty. "You guys look good too."

Finally, Cane's expression changed, but not as much. He now had this weird, doubtful half-smile that screamed the word "REALLY?", but in a sarcastic tone.

"What's wrong this time?"I asked him.

He was surprised I asked him this. He swallowed a breath as he looked me up and down, smiled warmly and said, "Nothing's wrong, that's what's wrong."

I don't know why but my face felt warm.

"Hey we gotta go already. We're getting late. The escort is waiting outside." Ty suggested.

The four of us got inside a carriage that reined golden eagles. This was usual, since Brille was now the host of the Grand Summit.

We flew over my house already in just a flash. I wouldn't see this house for a long time. I saw the forest near the border and it made me giggle. After a while we were already over the capital. The atmosphere around the four of us became filled with both excitement and anxiety as we saw flocks of people that looked like ants below us. We were up for quite an adventure.