House Warming Preparation

It had been a week after I had moved in to my new house. For me, it was just right. One bedroom for sleeping, the other as a walk in wardrobe, an ensuite kind of big bathroom, and an open plan kitchen diner living room. At the back was a reasonably sized garden, as well as the front. With a handful of my 'Lily touch' as my mother calls it, the house wasn't only looking like a home, but looking like my home.

When somebody moves into a new house, what do they do? Through a house warming party! So that's what I decided the week following moving in. A couple of my closest friends came round and spent the afternoon with me, sussing out my new house. I chucked some pizza and chips in the oven because I couldn't be bothered to make anything special. It never touched the sides, it was like as if none of us had seen pizza before!

Whilst I washed the plates and put them neatly back away in the cupboard, my friends started to tidy up, hoover, dust and whatever else they do best (that would probably be talking.)

My closest friend, Kate, who I had known since secondary school came and helped me dry the plates as I washed them. She looked me in the eyes and I got freaked out.

"What?" I giggled, as a smile appeared on her face.

"You do know that I am so jealous of you!" She said quietly to me, I could see she was trying to hide her smile but it just wasn't working.

I burst out laughing, "Well I can always make room for your little butt to come and stay" I whispered in her ear as I gave her a hug. Soap dripping off the end of my fingers onto her back.

"Eerrgghh" she jiggered as a shiver went done her spine.

"Sorryyy" I replied as I dragged the 'ee' sound at the end. I put my hands back in the water to pull the plug.

"So whose coming tonight then?" Shouted Immy from the other side of the room. She was currently stretching up selotaping balloons to the ceiling.

"That is actually a pretty good question" I replied as I only told my small group of close friends and I guess I just told them to tell a few people. There was only 2 things I didn't want from tonight: 1)a lame party which is more of a 'gathering' with hardly anyone there. Or 2) a massive party which gets out of control... Straight down the middle would be perfect!!

"Well just us lot and whoever else you told I think," I continued to tell the girls. "Did any of you invite any lads? Fit ones that are single?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Kate because she is prettier than me, smarter than me, and can get lads anywhere she wants practically!

"What's a party without them?" She winked back at me.

Thank god, atleast there will be a few fit lads then as I wouldn't know who to invite first.

"Is it okay if I invite my neighbours son? As they moved in about 5 months ago and I don't think he has any friends yet. I sometimes see him over the garden fence (as you do) and he looks our age, and pretty fit." Megan asked, another friend of ours.

"Yeah, why not?" I replied in question.

"Good" she muttered under her breath but loud enough that we could all hear. The three of us all looked at each other puzzled, so I coughed and as Megan turned back around from hanging a bunting, she saw 3 pairs of eyes (well 4 if you include my black rimmed square glasses) staring at her.

"What?" She giggled "I kind of already invited him and his friends. Well when I say friends, I thought it would be mean to doubt that he has no frhThso I invited them woffshed them  them hope he dolooking they are fit like him."

"Oh my god!" I said calmly but we all burst out laughing. "His friends had better be fit!"

Second update in a day! I just want to 'get the ball rolling' and get into the good bit if you know what I mean. But I probably be updating on Sundays or sometimes during the week. Hope you like it!