Chapter 2

Josephines pov
As i'm placing the book i was reading on my nightstand, i hear Hero entering our bedroom. After a few seconds i feel the bed lowering and his arms wrapped around my waist. I haven't said much today. I'm still in shock about Monday. I can't believe i'm having a baby. Deep down, i'm so ready to have this little boy or girl and i love him/her already, but i'm so scared. Scared to bring an innocent little human into a world where he/she will have limited privacy because of our career. Scared to make choices. Scared to be a mom. I don't know if i can be a mom. My overthinking gets interrupted by Hero asking me if i'm okay. I turn over to his side and face Hero. ' Are you happy Hero, like, really happy? With me, with this situation? ' i ask him with a soft but stern voice. He looks me in my eyes and says ' I'm happier then ever. It's beyond words how happy i am. I love you Jo. It's important to tell me how you feel, you've barely said a word to me for the past 4 days. I want you to feel comfortable, and know that i'm here for you, whatever you're going through. I'll be here, right next to you. '. I look at him, and feel the tears in corners of my eyes, how did i get so lucky? ' Do you think i can do it? Be a mom, a mom who can take care of her child? '. He wipes away the tears that are now rolling down my cheeks. ' I don't think you're gonna be a good mom, i know you are gonna be a good mom '. I press my lips against his. ' I love you ' i whisper while i bury my head into his chest. ' I love you too '.

Hero's pov
As i turn around i feel a cold, empty other side of our bed. I sit up and look at the clock. 6 am. Dimmed lights in the bathroom. I walk over to the bathroom, and push the door open a little further. Jo's sitting on the floor, with her head resting on her hands. She looks up at me, while i kneel down next to her. As soon as she tries to speak, she starts to throw up again. I rub her back and hold back her messy but beautiful hair. She wipes her mouth and rests her head on my shoulder. ' I'm sorry that i woke you up, and that you have to see me like this ' she says while looking in my eyes. ' Jo, it's fine. And really, i don't care, i've seen you worse ' i say laughing. She chuckles. We sit in a comfortable silence for a little longer. ' Hero? ' she asks ' Can you get me some butter popcorn later? Like in an hour? '. I laugh. ' Josephine Langford, wanting butter popcorn, the food she hates most, at 8 am in the morning? Are you sure you're okay?. We both laugh. ' I'm just really craving it, will you please get me some, please Herooo? '. I peck her lips. ' Of course i will. '.

As we we're eating breakfast, i see Jo glance at the fridge and her eyes widen. I look at our magnetic planner and see the reason why Jo's eyes widened. I walk over to her as i see the tears form in her eyes and pull her in my arms. ' I don't want to go Hero, what if something is wrong? I've been pregnant for over 2 months probably and didn't even knew! ' she says. ' Jo, it's gonna be fine, trus- ' i try to say but she interrupts me. ' No Hero, it's not fine. I drunk wine, i went a night out with Inanna and Khadijha. That is not what a pregnant women is supposed to do. And if this baby is still alive, and we welcome it into our live, i'm due when we should be filming After We Fell, so Anna will have to postpone filming, with all its consequences. I will thrust you into the world of parenthood at an age you should be doing whatever you want, but not being with your stupid girlfriend because she got pregnant on accident. You don't deserve me! ' is what she yells at me before she storms into our bedroom.

Josephines pov
' You don't deserve me! ' i yell at Hero. I storm into our bedroom leaving a confused and upset Hero in the kitchen. Why did i do that? Why did i yell at him? My hormones are doing some crazy things with me, in fact, this might even be the first time i yelled at Hero, i've yelled at Hero because i was upset, but i guess i've never yelled at him because of him. I'm a mess, a mess who's growing a human and who has no idea what she is doing. I feel tears streaming down again, loads of tears. I sit down on our bed, thinking about everything that has happened this week, thinking about everything that will change our lives. I place my hand on my slightly showing stomach and draw small circles on it. ' Whatever happens, i'll make sure you will never get hurt ' i whisper to the small but growing baby inside. ' Just as i'll make sure you will never get hurt either '. I turn around, and see Hero.

As Hero sits down next to me, i'm still searching for words to say, but Hero speaks before i can. ' You're right, i don't deserve you. I don't deserve this gorgeous girl who'll spend weeks alone because i have to do campagnes in God knows where, but yet she doesn't complain once. I don't deserve you Jo. You always put me first, you always want me to pursue my dreams. You'll do anything for me, without hesitation. And i told you the same a year ago '. She looks at me with her gorgeous blue eyes and smiles. ' I sat on one knee in this very uncomfortable but beautiful sunflower field in the the Alpes of France to ask you if you wanted to marry me '. We both laugh and she rests her head on my shoulder. ' I told you that i would do anything for you, even walk through fire, i don't care Jo. I'll do anything you want me to do, because i love you. I'll sit next to you and squeeze your hand during every prenatal appointment, i'll go baby shopping with you, even if you choose hot pink or neon blue as the theme, i'll do anything i can do to take the pain away when you're in labor, and i'll stay up with you each night when you can't sleep because of a hungry and crying newborn. ' I take her hand in mine and say ' You know that, right? '. She places her lips on mine and whispers into the kiss ' I know '. We kiss a little longer before i pull away and say ' Let's go, we've got an appointment to get to '.

' Josephine, the gel might be a little cold, okay? ' my OB/Gyn says and i simply nod. I'm too anxious to say anything. I feel Hero's hand squeeze mine as the OB places her ultrasound scanner on my stomach. As she starts looking for a heartbeat i squeeze Hero's hand even harder. After a few seconds, what felt like an eternity, i finally hear a heartbeat. I feel a single tear of relief roll down my cheek. A smile creeps onto face when i see Hero's face. He looks so happy, i guess even happier then after i said yes to his proposal. ' Well, everything looks perfect. If you didn't know yet, you're exactly 12 weeks pregnant. Which sets your due date on....' she looks at a calendar with a lot dates and numbers and searches for the right date. ' ... May 14th! '. Hero and I look at each other with wide eyes. May 14th, wow! ' If you guys don't have any questions, you're good to go. You can get the pictures at the front desk. Josephine, i'll see you again in 3 weeks, and we will probably be able to tell you what you're having. See you soon guys! '. We walk to the front desk to pick up the pictures, still dumbfounded by our due date.

Since we live just minutes away from the health center, we walk home. We hold hands, and walk in a comfortable silence. I think we're still dumbfounded and at a loss for words. When we arrive back home, i place the pictures down somewhere i will be able to find them, since my pregnancy brain really kicked in. As i'm placing them down i feel Hero's hands around my waist. ' I can't believe your due date is the day we shared our first real kiss. ' I quickly turn around to face Hero. ' I can't believe it either. How did we manage to conceive exactly 9 months before our 'anniversary'? ' i laugh. ' Well, i guess we just have a thing with May 14th ' he answers before we kiss.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hi guys! First authors note!
Thank you for reading my fan fiction, i really appreciate it!
Please vote and comment anything you want to comment, just that you like it or any ideas for the story!
I'm gonna try to write somewhat longer chapters, so you guys aren't done reading a chapter in a minute ;) but that'll take time. I'm also on summer break and currently on vacation. I'll try to write as much as possible, but i hope you guys understand i probably won't upload everyday, but at least twice a week! ( probably 3 or 4 times, but don't get your hopes up )
I hope you enjoyed, and stay safe! 💜