Chapter 6: Red Forest

In team JNPR's room, Pyrrha is looking out the window. She seems to be feeling down while Nora was merrily jumping in her bed as Ren checks on his weapon, Storm Flower.

Nora: How come Jaune gets home so late?

Ren: He's become rather scarce since he started hanging out with Cardin.

Nora: That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow?

Pyrrha: *angry* I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing.

Nora and Ren looked at each other in worry for Pyrrha. Jaune was peeking through the crack at the door before closing it and hangs his head.

Ruby: Hey Jaune.

Jaune gets startled and turns around in a panic, making Ruby giggle at his reaction.

Ruby: Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Nope. *shows his scroll* Got it right here.

Ruby: So... Where have you been lately?

Jaune: I, uh... I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin has me on a leash and Pyrrha doesn't want to talk to me. *sigh* I'm starting to think coming to this school was a mistake.

He pressed his back against the wall and slowly slides down to the floor.

Jaune: I'm a failure...

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: Nope?

Ruby: Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But, what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Luna: Really?

Luna's sudden arrival startled the two leaders.

Luna: You really think you're a failure of a leader when you're the one who lead your team against the Death Stalker during initiation?

Jaune: It's just because, uh... Adrenaline, you know...

Ruby/Luna: Hm... Nope!

Jaune: You're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff, are you?

Ruby/Luna: Nope!

Ruby: Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid.

Jaune groans and slumps down more.

Luna: And you might have been a failure the first day we met.

He groans once more and slumps down again.

Ruby: But you can't be a failure now. Wanna know why?

Jaune: Uh..?

Ruby: Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do. And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us.

Ruby stands up as Aina continues for her.

Luna: We have to put our teammates first and ourselves as second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I'm sure that you can be that leader they need.

Both girls head towards their respective dorms and wave goodnight to Jaune.

Luna/Ruby: Goodnight Jaune.

Both girls enter their rooms as Jaune stands up, filled with courage and faces his teams dorm room. Before he could enter, his scroll beeps and reveals a message from Cardin.

Cardin: *on scroll* Hey! It's your buddy Cardin! I know you're probably busy with that Dust project I have you but I'm gonna need you to head out and get me a bag of Rapier Wasps.