prologue :]

^Prologue^

My name is Steph, short for Stephanie Marie Bond. I'm 19 as of today. My parents are Marie Sky Bond and Denzel Scott Bond. I have a sister who is 15, Katie Temp Bond and a brother who is 13, Dasen Scott Bond.

Today is the 29th of October, and I hate birthdays because they're so... what's the word, happy. Yep that's it they’re so happy, too happy for my liking. That's why when my best friend who is also my roommate, woke me up at 8am by jumping on my bed and screaming happy birthday at the top of her lungs, that's why I kicked her off my bed and pulled the covers over my head, because I hate birthdays.

I tell her every year that I hate birthdays but does she listen? No!

“Come on, get up, get up, get up. Its ya BIRTHDAY!” she screamed in my ear.

“Fuck, could you be any louder Bekky” I glared at her. She is very pretty with jet black hair that goes just past her shoulder and has a few natural spiral curls here and there. She has electric blue eyes and she wears glasses. She isn’t a nerd and doesn’t even look like one.

I on the other hand am the opposite; I have bleached blond hair that is dead straight and chocolate highlights. I have chocolate brown eyes with flecks of topaz green in them. I'm curvy but not big, and Bekky is slim but we both go to the gym twice a week. Becky’s full name is Rebekka Rain Kittle.

I thought that this birthday would be like the others, me going to work with Bekky, everyone there wishing me a happy birthday then going home to find that Bekky has bought me a present and my parents are over for dinner, I open the presents then go to bed. That's what I usually do on my birthday and most of you probably think it’s boring but I'm used to it by now.

Oh, how I was so wrong. This birthday was like no other. Now I'm gonna tell you all what happened and I reckon most of you won’t believe me, but trust me its true.