Chapter 50 // Bar

•Calum (idk if this gif will work but he looks soooOoo cute with his lil fluffy hair and smile omg)

"I've always had a thing for bass players," Leah cooed, twirling a piece of her ashy brown hair in between her fingers. She moved closer to me, close enough that our arms barely brushed against one another, and I took a step back.

"That's something you don't hear everyday," I said with a snort, taking another sip of my drink and feeling the unpleasant taste burn the back of my mouth.

She forced a giggle, scooching closer to me again and planting a kiss on my cheek. "You're funny, Calum," The girl who approached me only a few short minutes ago whispered into my ear. "Do you want to maybe get out of here? It's kind of crowded. I think we'd do better off alone."

I turned my head to face her, an incredulous expression plastered over my face. I had the urge to laugh at her request, but I did admire her impressive bravery for having the audacity to even ask me such a question. "Leah, it was nice to meet you. But I'll pass. I'm just not interested."

"In me or in women?" She responded quickly, without even missing a beat. She scoffed, stomping away from the booth I was sitting in complete irritation.

I couldn't help but smirk. This happened nearly every time we went out. I had tons of fun whenever I was with the guys, but when desperate girls came up to me hoping to get their slim portion of fame, I always turned them down. I have yet to even kiss a single person on this tour, let alone hook up with them like I originally intended.

It was all because of Cassidy though. None of these girls were even close to as beautiful as she was. They also all failed to intrigue me like Cassidy managed. They couldn't make me laugh like her. They didn't make my heartbeat quicken or make me so happy I couldn't even fathom the idea of frowning. And without a doubt, none of them were genuine with their intentions. Whereas I always knew Cassidy meant every word she said to me.

Ashton strolled over to me, his curly hair slightly wet from the sweat he had acquired while dancing. He had a cold beer, layered with condensation, pressed firmly into his palm and a sheepish grin covering his face.

"Hey," Ashton greeted as he took a seat next to me, slumping down onto the leather seat. "I think I made a mistake."

"What did you do?" I asked slowly, stealing glances at him as I continued to sip my liquor, hoping that it would help cure the loneliness I felt.

He swallowed another swig of his beer before setting it down on the table. Ashton turned his body so it faced me directly, and his hazel colored eyes made direct eye contact with me. "I shouldn't have told you to break up with Cass."

"Ash, don't," I replied quickly, feeling my anger on this topic starting to rise again.

Ashton placed his hand on my shoulder tightly. "No, listen to me. Obviously you're still in love with her considering you turn down every girl you would usually bang after a two second conversation. You guys still talk on the phone all the time. You're different than me. You are both different. You have something special and I was wrong to think that you wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm sorry."

"Ash, you're the one who has experience with this. So does Luke and Michael, and you all told me the same thing." I answered lightly. "Look, I'm having a lot of fun just hanging out with the band again. This is what you guys wanted. It's fine."

He shook his head rapidly. "No, it's not fine!" Ashton yelled. "You can have a girlfriend and still hang out with us. You still manage to call her all the time, so what difference does it make if you're actually together? Right? Calum, Cassidy is a great girl and she brings out the best in you. You know you're happier when you're with her. So stop listening to your assholes of friends and fight for what you want."