She's Not Just A Pretty Face

It's 12:30 and I'm still writing a test. Well, that's the last one.

In the beggining of the lesson, our teacher Ms.Johnson introduced that new girl- Jill. Then she sat next to me, because it was the only free place to sit.

"Have you finished?" Ms.Johnson asked with her typical smiling face. "Yes!" everyone shouted back. While she was collecting our papers I saw Jill looking around the class. When Ms.J came back to her table, the bell rang.

"Hi! You're Jill, right? I'm Eilleen." It was the first time I've seen Jill smiling. "Hi. Yes I am. Well, nice to meet you. Oh...wait...You're the one who came this morning to me when that girl hit me, right?" I'm glad she remembers.

"Yes...that's me." I laughed. "And by the way, it was Rita... Anyway, do you like this school?"
"Yeah, it's really huge and I feel good here. But I guess it's a little bit noisy, isn't it?" She smiled a little.

In that moment somebody touched my shoulder. I turned around and I saw it was Fred's hand. He smiled and when he saw Jill he introduced himself and he started asking her: "Jill, what do you do in your free time? Do you like sport?"

"I don't really like sport, but I like music. I play a bass in the band." Wow. "A bass? You look more like a dancer, than a musician." She laughed and look at me with her little brown eyes. "I have to say, that I've been a ballerina...And I still am. But I like playing my bass a little bit more." Oh man, she is dancer too?! What else? She rides a rodeo? I can't imagine. "Girl, you rock! I bet you always win." She looked at Fred and started to think. "Hmm...I won just six times."
"Are you kiddin'?! JUST six times... Ya really surprise me, girl." I said with a surprised face.
"And I have to say, I have a part-time job too... Pump is my 'night home'."
"I was a waitress two years ago, but now I'm looking for something." I remember that times...I've had a good time there. "I'm sure you'll find something." Jill smiled. Fred looked at me with that face 'I want to tell you something'.

"Eilleen, Jill, this Saturday is a party at my house. Would you like to come?" I looked at Jill and Jill at me. We started to laugh and said a big 'YES' to him.
"Well, I'd never say that you're so talented, Jill." Fred smiled and agreed.
"I know.. She plays a bass in the band and she's a bellerina..."
"She's definitely the star of the show!" Jill laughed and hugged us. "Yeah...Don't forget, that at night she pumps gasoline!" I know that Jill, Fred and I will be the best friends forever.
"She's really not just a pretty face." I said with a smile on my face.

After some time we went through the corridor and went home. I found out, that Jill's home and mine are only two blocks away.
I think this Monday was one of the best!"