18.

Mae's pov

I watched as he took the first step into the freezing waters. A sharp hiss left his lips as he continued to enter the ocean waiting for him. He hesitated and I took full advantage of it.

"Come on you baby, keep going" I shouted from my comfortable, dry spot on the beach.

He cast a glare over his shoulder at me and I just waved sweetly. A few moments later he was fully submerged in the water, shivering but trying not to seem fazed. I laughed as I saw the collar of his shirt peeking out from under the shallow waves.

"What?" Rafe retorted and started to walk back out the water. The same happened to his clothes that happened to mine, they became see-through. I stood stunned as my eyes raked over his sculpted chest and physique which hid behind those polo shirts. I felt the skin on the back of my neck become hot and my cheeks burned.

"Need another picture M&M's?" Rafe taunted and my eyes snapped up meet his. I ruffled my hair and pursed my lips together.

"Just surprised" I half lied and watched as he picked up a towel, patting himself dry. He furrowed his eyebrows and his mouth twitched in confusion.

"Surprised?" He questioned not understanding my statement. I sighed and placed a hand on my hip as I starred at him.

"Yes. Surprised." I answered bluntly as he stepped closer to me. I took a deep breath in as I felt the bubble forming around us once more.

"How so?" He asked rather curious to hear my answer.

"I didn't think you'd have such a fit physique considering I have never seen you do any physical activity in your entire life. Kooky" I rambled as my eyes kept flicking over his body. He chuckled at my answer and shook his head at me.

"Kooky? Kooks still go to the gym. So what you have fit physique simply because your are pogue?" he asked raising an eyebrow and slinging the towel around his neck. 

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and let a smug smirk roll onto my face.

"I guess you'll never truly know" I said but he already seen my body shape in the dress and just before when my clothes became see-through, but he hasn't truly seen it. He raked a hand through his hair at my teasing comment as I started to walk back up the beach towards his car.

"What now Kooky?" I said a playful glint in my eye as Rafe unlocked his car.

"Well, Minnie Mae, we are going to collect your things because there is no way you'll spend the night with me" he said with a taunting wink as I scoffed at him.

"After all the things you have made me do today, you still want to torture me, Iam already going to your party tonight." I asked with a disbelieving look on my face.

"Yes, I am. Rules are Rules" he said as I slouched down in my seat, internally yelling at myself.

"Still a jerk" I mumbled as he looked out the window before he started driving. Even after I insulted him, he had smile and earlier he had smile. He seemed to hate me but then the next minute he would be smiling at me. Sometimes I wonder if he kissed me because he wanted to or if it was another excuse to keep being mean to me, have leverage, but that leverage goes both ways.

"Rafe?" I asked softly as he hummed in reply.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked quietly as I watched his jaw clench and press his back into the seat a little harder. I let out a shaky breath, my heart racing and nerves surrounding me as I waited for his reply. 

He slowly pulled the car to stop in my driveway and didn't even look at me when he spoke.

"Here we are. You can go grab the things you need." he said lowly, I hesitated for a moment before opening the door and getting out.

I walked with my head down, I had the itch to turn back and glance at him but I didn't. I rushed up the tree and into room, grabbing a bag and stuffing clothes and essentials I would need.

I looked towards my closet, grabbing the green dress which I had tried on in the changing rooms. After Rafe had kissed me I was a bit stunned and muddled but I couldn't deny the dress was absolutely on me. I sighed and put in my bag alongside a pair of heels and fancy sneakers, a decision to be made later.

I climbed back out the window and down the tree my bag slung back over my shoulder. I opened the car door and sat down. I was met with deadly silence as Rafe drove us to his house, his finger were wrapped uncomfortably tight around the steering wheel.

Rafe got out and met his friends who were already setting up the place with extravagant decorations and of course, alcohol stands. His friends all starred questioningly at me and I just narrowed my eyes at them. 

I took my things and made my way, dismissing any looks they were giving me as I walked up the steps towards Rafe's room. I placed my bag in the corner and started to pull things I would need out. I starred at the heels and then the sneakers. I really wanted to shut his friends about me being a dirty pogue, they couldn't do that if I looked better then one of their little ladies.

I decided to wear the heels and kept the dress concealed from Rafe in my bag, he could see it on and lose his mind again. Maybe that would get him to stop ignoring my question.

The door swung open and Rafe walked in seeming surprised to see me in his room. He opened his mouth and then closed it again taking in my presence. 

"Your going to wear those? Aren't they a little tricky for a pogue?" he teased pointing at my heels as I let a cunning smile creep onto my face.

"You just wait and see Cameron. Just wait and see" 

-

Chapter done.

This was a little all over the show. Apologies for that!

Once again thank you so much for 1K reads!!!

Love you all very much!!

- Laya.