28.

Mae's pov

Rafe and I sat in the chairs opposite Principal Thornton and his swivel chair we had been wound up in only moments before.I had my head down starring at my hands as he paced in front of us, I couldn't gage whether he had mad or disappointed, maybe it was both. I saw Rafe glance at me out the corner of his eye but I didn't even look back, I was too nervous about what Principal was going to do.

"I don't understand why you felt the need to break into my office?" he said and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"If you wanted to be in my office you could've just showed up to school on Monday and you'd be in here within the hour" he said gesturing his arm out at us as I swallowed lifting my head up. Goosebumps rose on my skin as I opened my mouth to speak, anxious.

"Sir, I don't mean to rush you but what will be the punishment?" I asked my voice breaking, nerves over coming me. Rafe raised an eyebrow towards Principal Thornton as he sighed and hunched over his desk.

He grabbed a pen and his notebook from the top draw and started scribbling on two pieces of paper which peaked my interests. I leaned forward in my seat and ran a hand back through my hair as I curiously waited.

He ripped the pieces off of the note book and handed one to each of us. I felt the pit in my stomach grow bigger as I turned it over and hurriedly read the note.

As a consequence of act not to be mentioned, Miss Murchison will attend a session with Principal Thornton on Friday before the usual school field hockey game.

I found my breath hitch in my throat as I starred down at the note I had just read. Where would he be taking me? What would he talk to me about? Will this go on my record? I looked Rafe and he seemed a little more shaken then I was, maybe he got a different punishment?Principal Thornton just pointed towards the door when I looked up at him still very confused.

I pursed my lips tightly together as did Rafe, ducking his head away from me as we exited the office. We walked down the dark hallway in silence, stunned silence.

I continued to shuffle closer to Rafe and intertwined his fingers with mine. His head snapped down from his concentrated state and beamed on me his eyes softening which each second.

"Hey... we'll be fine.." I reassured him as he started to give me a small smile. He tugged on my arm bringing me closer to him as I let out a giggle before covering my mouth with my hand. I covered my mouth due to the fact we were still in the hallway and I didn't want Principal Thornton to hear me being so giddy for fear I might get another punishment.

"So what do you say Minnie Mae, want your last dare?" he leaned down as whispered in my ear making a cold shiver rush down my spine. We exited the school as I turned towards Rafe biting my lip, intrigued by whatever his next dare was.

"Depends.. am I going swimming again?" I asked teasingly although I was not bothered by the prospect of it. He chuckled and shook his head at me his eyes shinning with amusement at me.

"No, it doesn't" he said as his laughing manner faded into a devilish smirk. I raised my eyebrow skeptically at him, a little concerned due to his smirk and sudden smug aura.

"What do you have in mind then?" I toyed as he lifted my hand to lips, skimming my knuckles over his lips. I grinned at his affectionate gesture as a blush threatened to rise.

"There's no way you'll be able to get a bottle of vodka from the Bottle-O" he said as I sighed heavily as if it was going to be a hard task. Rafe didn't know that I was already 18, therefore I didn't even have to play around, I could just buy it right then and there.

Now I was smirking because he is probably envisioning me having to pretend to be of age and most likely do some stupid act to get a bottle of grog. The joke was now on him.

"Really? Vodka? Me!" I acted annoyed and groaned but a smirk lurked beneath my displeased act. He grinned ear to ear at my annoyed aura and started to walk again while I stayed still.

"Really. Yes and Yes" he taunted and pulled on my arm dragging me behind him with a chuckle.

"Your such a -" I started by was swiftly cut off by Rafe turning and pulling me chest to chest with him. I sucked in a breath as I wasn't prepared for his sudden movements and moved my eyes up to his. His eyes stayed steady with mine for a moment allowing me to see all the emotion which flooded through his mind. Want, Frustration, Annoyance, Need.

He harshly collided his lip with my own which made me involuntarily groan. He took his other hand and entwined his fingers in my hair, his finger gliding across the back of my head ever so softly. I could moan at any moment if he continued to have such feathery touch. I could feel my knees quivering under him and so could he. Rafes lips smugly smirked against my own as I blushed heavily.

He lent me back so my lower body was curled into him sending electricity up through my veins. My head was cloudy at how rough yet tender he was being. I felt a rising warmth in my chest as I nudged my head upwards, pressing harshly back against him. Rafe moaned at my forward actions as I fumbled my hands onto his chest, gripping his shirt ever so slightly.

His tongue grazed over my bottom lip as I let out a breathless whimper. This time I allowed and parted my lips a little more but much to my displeasure he didn't act on it. Instead, he pulled back with a wicked grin on his face as I stood there dazed, blushing, confused, breathless and a longing for more.

"You said I wasn't a jerk before. No backs" he teasingly whispered against my lips.

I couldn't even hiss something back because I was so stunned and breathless, something which was highly unusual. He kissed me all passionately just so I wouldn't call him a jerk! And then he just stops like that! I won't say it out loud but that's a jerk move.

"Fine.... fine..." I mumbled taking my hands off his chest as he still held me around the waist. I sighed and patted his chest with a tight smile displayed on my face as he smirked down at me.

"How about we go get you that vodka, but first we have to stop by my house" I said as he looked at me quizzically. I did a walking a motion with my fingers up his chest as I hummed to myself.

"I have to do a few things to get that bottle of vodka you desire" I said and wriggled out of his grasp before jogging in the direction of my house. I spun and took a few steps backwards starring at him lightly jogging after . His hair tussled, shirt now wrinkled lightly, lips parted with the faintest smile as he jogs. I gave a dainty wave as I walked backwards before turning back around continuing the small run to my house.

Operation jokes on Rafe Cameron is a go!

-

Chapter Done!!

Hope you like this one!

what do you think Mae's punishment on Friday will be?