Chapter 2 {Edited}

•••HAFEEZAH POV•••

Being an employee in a renowned organisation that majorly deals with accounts, allows me to interact with a lot of rich men and women. Resulting in paparazzi floating around me. 

Those nosy bastards! 

I groaned in annoyance upon noticing a fleet of paparazzi men and women taking photos of the BMW I was currently in. They were like soldiers waiting to shoot questions at me.

We heard that you're now married to the most powerful man in the city, is it true? 

Have you guys gone on honeymoon yet? And if not, where did you pick as your honeymoon destination? 

Those are some of the questions that played in my head and my stomach churned in nervousness. 

The car had come to a halt in front of my place of work. Silver springs Accounts Offices, was the name of the building. A place that I had been working in for the past two years. A place that was my life, my home, my source of pride. A warm smile creased my lips as I recalled walking into the building for the first time, as an intern. I was so young and shy back then. I couldn't even form proper sentences while addressing my boss. I earned tons of nicknames, mainly because of my shy nature. 

Time flies indeed. 

I took a deep breath and then reached out for the door handle. I was about to hoist it when Ephraim James, my chauffer halted me. 

"Ma'am, you can't get out of the car yet." His deep voice suggested. 

"But why? I mean, If I don't get out now, I will be later than I already am. " I blabbered. 

"I don't want you to get out of the car because those paparazzi are here for you. They will taunt you with questions that you won't even have answers to. " His voice was laced with seriousness. 

He's right. But my name is Hafeeza and I won't cower because of some stupid men and women with cameras. I will get out of this car and face them, head strong. 

"Ephraim, thank you for the concern but I am a big girl. I can handle myself pretty fine. A bunch of paparazzi don't scare me. " My voice came out as strong and certain. For a moment I couldn't believe that the words had come out of my mouth. 

"That's a brave move but a stupid one. Ma'am, once you leave this car they will ask questions that will jeopardize not only you but your husband's reputation. You won't even have answers to some of the questions, Ma'am. " He blurted. I could tell that he was running out of patience. 

"Ephraim, like I said, I can handle myself. " Without sparing him another glance, I pushed the door open and stepped out of the car, feet first. The moment that my feet touched the pebble laden ground, a light breeze nipped the inked skin of my toes. The black henna patterns  which were applied on my feet and hands during the pre-marital ceremonies, were exposed partly, as I alighted the car. 

Flashes of camera attacked my sight instantly as a swarm of journalists shot countless questions at me, while noting some stuff on their pocket note books. 

"Miss Hafeeza, are the news about your betrothal to Silver springs' richest man true? If so, how did the two of you meet? Was it an arranged or a love matrimony? " A short, dark skinned lass with large rimmed pair of glasses, shot questions at me.