1.12

||

KURT HAD gathered the glee club in the choir room,"Where’s Rachel?"

"She’s not here yet," Finn said.

"Perfect. Glee club stands on a delicate precipice. We have all felt the cold humiliation of a slushie in the face. But as of right now, our relative anonymity as a club shields us from more severe persecution: swirlies, patriotic wedgies…" Kurt explained.

"What’s a patriotic wedgie?" Mercedes asked.

"It’s when they hoist you up the flag pole by your undies," Finn told her.

"Are you serious?" Emilia asked.

"Strangely, it did make me feel more American," Artie said.

"Based on my investigation, I am of the opinion that a yearbook photo would only fuel the flames of anti-glee-club terror. I’ve done a little library research. Peter Gellar. Glee club second tenor, 1998. He can be seen here with both a drawn on Hitler mustache and rice paddy hat. Shortly after the yearbook came out, Mr. Gellar had a nervous breakdown. He is now the homeless man who sleeps in front of the public library," Kurt told them.

"Patches?" Quinn asked.

"Patches," Kurt nodded.

"He barks at my mom," Brittany stated.

"Exhibit B: Tawny Peterson, glee club class of 2000, seen here in her photo with a cartoon knife stuck in her head, in a macabre tableau that, in four years would prove eerily prescient. I think I speak for all of us when I say that not having to pose for a yearbook photo might be a blessing in disguise. I suggest not fighting Figgins’ ruling," Kurt explained.

Mr. Schue then enters the room,"Oh, hey, guys. Ah, looking at old Thunderclaps?"

"It’s really unsettling," Artie said.

"And totally unfair. Hey, can I borrow one of these? You know what? This year’s thunderclap is going to have a glee club photo with every one of your smiling faces. You have my word on it," Mr. Schue told them then left the room.

The glee club all share uneasy looks," We're all gonna die."

_________________________________________

*the choir room*

Emilia was sitting on the piano with Kurt trying to teach her.

"This way harder than you think it is, Kurt," Emilia complained when she got it wrong again.

"It's okay, you'll get it eventually," Kurt told her.

Rachel then enters the room and pushes Emilia off the bench,"Kurt, I have a fantastic idea for a club that would officially make me the most involved student in the whole school. I want us to start a GayLesbAll."

"I’m sorry?" Kurt asked helping Emilia up

"The gay-lesbian alliance. Gay-lesb-all," Rachel explained.

Emilia and Kurt share a look then walk away from her.

"Hey, guys! Great news! Glee club gets a photo in the thunderclap. Yep. It’s going to show everyone at the school that glee club is on its way up. When we win regionals, those claps are going to be collector’s items. I mean, all of your classmates are going to be begging for your autographs. But, I had to compromise to do it. Um, we only get a quarter page in back. Which means we have to pick two team captains to appear in the photo. So, tomorrow we’re going to put it to a vote! Exciting, huh? All right!" Mr. Schue said making the glee club make fake excited noises.