Exploration

[Written August 2020]

When you long for something, you search to find it. When you wish for something, things oftentimes won't change. But when you desire something? That is when progress is made.

Everyone is mumbling amongst themselves as we hover over a map of the Amazon Rainforest.

"Are we even confident this is where the clue is leading?" One member, Jackie, speaks up in her thick British accent. "I just don't like the idea of this jungle hiding such an important clue."

"That is exactly why the clue is here," Insists Ray. "No one wants to search the entirety of that forest for anything. One of the few places in the world that is not perfectly mapped."

"How do we even begin to know where to start looking, then?" Lorianna brings up. "That forest is not going to just give us our answers.

"It's a rainforest," Ray reminds her and she rolls her eyes.

"Look back at the other clues and see what we can gather from that," I command, looking at Jackie to grab them.

With a sigh, she does as told.

"Clue one in the Washington Historical Records," Lorianna reads aloud.

"Number two hidden with the Egyptian pyramids," Ray adds.

"Three in Greenland, and four in Madagascar. Yea, yeah, big deal!" Jackie complains.

"We have not been in South America and the surroundings of each clue have been different, too," Says Lorianna.