Chapter 5: "Ally? What's that?"

Ino ran off down the back alleys of konoha's worst slums. Being careful not to get caught, especially in this rough part of town. She couldn't afford her father having a heat attack finding out she's hurt. Not now. Not again. 

She was finally in the centre of town,she could show her face. She sped up the side of a tall apartment building which had many colourful rainbow pick nick tables.She almost  always ate her lunch on free days here. The residents of the building loved her when's she came over for lunch. She usually roughy over flowers and medicinal herbs to the I'll residents. Today she had nothing. Just her mind, her spinning overwhelmed mind. The roof was quiet. Nobody on it.

It was honestly a relief for Ino. Nobody to see what she was reading. She read trough page after page, trying to comprehend the complex world of gender and sexuality. 'I think I'm getting it! This is great! I understand why people like this are treated differently. Dad was right in a way, they are different. Just not bad like people think. If only they could read this...' "Hey watcha readin girly?"  "BUZZ OF OLD MAN!! Go hit on someone your own age!" The silver haired man shook his head, sighed and sat at the picnic table. "Worth a shot."he chuckled.  The blonde rolled her eyes "Okay groomer." He ignored that. "Sooo. What are you reading? Ya seem interested." "concentrated, actually. And it's none of your business!" 

The older man raised his eyebrows, "Huh.. feisty aren't you?" He looked over across the table at trees to take a good look, before she quickly snatched it away. "None of your business what I'm reading!" "Too bad, I already know."     Ino became white as a sheet. "Y-You do? I -I'm just learning! Don't tell anyone!" The old man laughed and pushed some hair out of his face. "Is it positively informative? Easy to understand?" 'What's this guys problem?'  "Uhh.. yeah I guesse. Why? How do you know about it?" He laughed warmly once more. "Know it? I wrote it! If your wanting to learn about that stuff you shouldn't be reading it in public." He leaned over Serious expression plastered against his face. "It's dangerous.You know this kid." "I-I know!"

"So, are you any of these things kid?" He lightly tapped the sheets with a finger, referring to them. She pondered for a moment. "Pretty sure I'm not. Just looking into it so I can understand somebody a little better. Also find out why these people are being turned away from my shop." "Shop?" "Uhh.. Yeah. Yamanaka's flower shop." "Ohhhh!! That makes sense, you must be Ino! Knew you looked familiar. You look just like your old man!" "You know my dad?" the elder chuckled. "Who doesn't?" "Fair enough." "I'm Jariah by the way." He extended a large hand over to the small kunoichi and shook her hand. "Ino."

"So, who's your friend? You must really care about them to go this far to learn about it. Acquiring and reading this is dangerous kiddo." She sighed,and leaned on the table. "I don't know if i should tell you that to be honest. They don't even want me to know. I'm just picking up the puzzle pieces." "Ah,I see. Ally huh?" "Ally? What's that?" "It's a person who's not lgbtq+ supports the community wholeheartedly."  "Oh.. yeah I guess that is me!"  "Good. You interested in learning some more?" "How so?" He leaned in closer and whispered, "I host a underground club, for lgbtq+ individuals,and ally's. You in?" She was shocked. 'I just met this man,and he's inviting me to a club? This goes against my better judgement ,but-"I'm in."

————————————————————————————————————————

She returned home ate that night. She came in trough the shop door and made her way upstairs. She grabbed an apple from the fridge and headed to her room. "DAD? DAAAD??" No response. 'Huh. Guess dads still not home.' She began devouring the apple and writing what she learned, who she met, and where she's going in her new journal that Hayate gave her.  Nothing much, just jot notes. 'I really need better writing. No wonder most of my work was graded wrong, oh well. I still graduated.' She eventually fell asleep while writing,exausted.