[ epilogue ]

clay perspective
_______________

george stood on my front doorstep. something screamed in the back of my mind, yet i couldn't decipher it. "hey, geor-"

he clung into me, bawling into my chest. it felt like nails were being dug into my heart. "whoa- what's the hurry?" i reached down and returned the embrace, my brain still a buzz.

he let go, arms sliding down to his sides. "i'm sorry. that you forgot." he mumbled.
my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

he grabs my arm and places a warm metallic object in the palm of my hand- clearly being warmed by the heat of his own hands. he turns, doing the walk of shame back to nick's car. i open my hand, looking carefully at the object.

time freezes when i see what i was holding. how in the hell-

the necklace. i remember that...

it struck a nerve. every single memory from the world seeped into my mind. a flashback, if you will. i clutched it in my fist, leaping down the front steps of my home, yanking george back by his hood and pulling him next to me.

i sweeped him off of his feet, dropping to my own knees and hurrying to get a solid hold on him. he choked out a noise of utter confusion before i burrowed my face into the crook of his neck.

"george. i didn't forget. i remember."

a smile meets my face, and i can feel him exhale with relief.

"you didn't forget." he repeats back to me.

"i love you. i'm never going to let you go." i squeeze him in my arms.
my heart is pounding, and so is his, but i don't mind.

because i was with my soulmate.

and i remembered everything.

_______________
a/n
the end!!! i hope that wasn't a sucky ending!!

in all honesty, i'm shocked this story blew up and got 22k reads??? it still shocks me that this will probably end up being bigger than rivers :p

i'm going to go through and try my best to correct any errors and (the many) plot holes i left unattended. i realized in chapter 21 i had made them live in a bad location and i was conflicted on having george fly to florida (texas?) but i thought that would drag it on for too long. so this concludes it! i hope that you enjoyed the story. i'll probably start writing lost or a new fic i have planned, so i hope you stay tuned for those as well!! thank you all for the comments and support.

i am also doing a small q&a here, so feel free to ask me any questions you have, regarding me or any stories i have written, etc etc!! i'll try to answer them all :)