~Morning Glory~

~🖋~
Mitsuba was now 12. As always, was so fond with his mother. His father however, long passed away, last two years ago. Both he and his mother exchanged stories, told about their family and what Mitsuba hated the most about his family, was his aunt.

There are also lots of stories that Mitsuba believed. Like, for example, the story where a prince rescues his princess, well for Mitsuba he believes he can save himself. 

Despite the fact he was 12, he has never seen Lamey for 5 years since the day they've met and Mitsuba however, still had the pebble Lamey gave him. To remember who hit him at the back of the head was easy. But did Lamey remember this pink prince? Mitsuba thought. As so, he put down the pebble into his dresser as his mother called him down for dinner.

~🍑~

I went down of course, i could never reject an order of my mother, the queen. She sat on the end of the table where the head of the family usually sits during mealtimes. She looked at me and asked how was my day. Her pale ivory face shone as the candles on the chandelier never ran out, oh hey, i think i should ask mother on why it never ran out! Anyways, i looked alot like my mother. I was the daughter they never even had. I was the son born as a daughter. My father never wanted me to be considered a girl. He despised the fact my mother lied about him having a girl. But i was born looking one so, he treated me as his daughter but deep down in his heart he despises me.

"Mother, may i ask a question" i said

"Sure, go on." My mother replied in her usual sweet tone.

"Are you sure about this arranged marriage of mine?" i asked

"well, if you don't want someone to take over the throne after they've executed you, then you can cancel it. Oh Mitsuba, that was all a joke!" my mother laughed behind the fan.

"Mother, what if... They knew what i am!" i explained.

"Don't worry. As long as we have information such as, 'you couldn't bear a child', or you're unable to bear one since you're virgin would be enough."

"Mother,"

"yes?"

"When.... Will you leave me forever?" i gulped filled with sorrow.

"Mitsuba, the time is unknown. Maybe i would still be in your wedding. I would love to see you in a wedding gown." Mother said as she smiled at me.

"Would you promise to stay until my wedding mom-"

"i can't make promises when my time is almost out my child."

"then... When you're gone please, don't let Auntie take over before my coronation" i was worried of her going to mind my business since she wanted to be queen but my mother was the one chosen. Of course, she thinks im a girl. Mother never told her my secret.

"i would absolutely add that into my will then." Mother said.

As dinner was done i went up the stairs into the library and read about the former queens and kings. And as i read, i also found a newly printed newspaper and there stood a headline
about the new lord. I was shocked who was the lord. It was Lamey.

Apparently his older brother was a high-ranking general of the royal knights. And he, Lamey was the Lord of the Royal Knights. Apparently took his father's role. They're apparently on the Noble class. Just like the dukes, viscounts, and more.

"Ah- Y-your H-high ness!" my personal maid said nervously. i wonder why she was nervous. But it seemed like she's worried of trespassing my room.

"it's alright, Nene. What were you doing in here anyways?" i tried to sound normal. Like i had no intention of her being in here.

"AH- im, just fixing your bed and cleaning the rooms your high-"

"Mitsuba-"

"yes, fine... M-m-Mitsu-b-Ba"

And so we sat down for tea. 

~🍓~

The Princess- or should i say His Highness, was very calm today. 
What if he'll know what i have been doing in his room?!
Yes... As his Personal Maid, i know his secrets. And if i spilled it, a death sentence awaits me.

"So, Mit-su-b-ba. h-how was your dinner?" i said, still not used to calling His Highness by his name as if we're close friends.

"Well, mother, as always was looking pale once more." he said. "And i was thinking if... She'll leave me for good sooner or later" His calm face faded as sorrow was on him.

"Your Highness!" i said. "Well, Let's stop the tea session and you should rest!" 

And so he did. I left the room and went down to the Royal Garden and saw Her Highness, the Queen. 

"Hey, How's my son?" the queen asked without looking at me

"He's fine My Queen." i said.

"Then, Let's discuss about future matters then," 

"sure, my Queen."

~💜~

Seems Like Nene-Chan's running Late! Well, She probably have some Royal Duties to attend and i understand that fact she was chosen to be a personal maid for the Princess. So, Today i've picked fresh pink roses for my flower shop since i got a pretty handsome client who wanted pink roses for his maiden.

"That'll be 43 silvers" i said. as i handed the bouquet. 

"yeah... sure thanks anyways." The fairly blond guy replied. as he handed 1 gold, which was 50 silvers. 

"Ah thank you sir. Please do come again!" i said smiling at him and waving goodbye. 

"Hey Aoi!" A Long, Purple Haired girl that looked like me, except, she had such a fair shade of Blue eyes. She waved at me. She was my assistant Sumire.

"Ah, Sumi! How's the garden?" i said. 

"it's going well since i'm taking care of it!" Sumire replied.

Yes, there are 2 gardens connected to the flowershop. there was where we pick flowers to restock. one near Sumire's place, the other, near the Flowershop. 

"Great! Have you got any Strawberry Flowers? Nene Loves those!" Aoi said as she arranged the flowers in Sumire's basket into the counter table.

"Of course i do!" Said Sumire as she surprises Aoi with Strawberry flowers that came from her back.

~🍑~ 

My Maid has gone to the village probably to visit her friend? meanwhile, the moment i got out of bed, i went down to the kitchen for a biscuit, and maybe more tea? I just realized i was addicted to tea so i should probably get a glass of water instead. Besides, Mother isn't going to mind.
As i went to the garden i heard my mother and my maid. 

"Then, Let's discuss about future matters then," 

"sure, my Queen."

"When i die, take good care of my Prince-"

"i promise my Queen"

And as my maid was heading towards my direction, i ran towards the nearest bush and behind it, in my pajamas ( a long sleeved comfy shirt and a pair of soft pants) i watched my maid go,
It was almost 7pm, i predicted, and as she went in i snuck towards the door until,

"Mitsuba?" 

it was my mother.

"Have you been eavesdropping on us?"

"yes mother" i honestly answered "well accidentally because i just wanted to walk on the garden, and i don't know that you and Nene are having a discussion-"

"you heard it, i'll die soon. just Hope i'll be at your wedding or dream about it

Those words, it felt like i got stabbed. my Mother will die, no wonder she couldn't keep a promise to me. And there i stood all stunned, not knowing what path i'll eventually end up to.
Without my mother, i don't know if my secret would still be kept.

_______________________________________________
Author's Note: Morning Glory according to the Hanakotoba wiki page, means Willful promises
i thought of the meaning of this flower was accurate to the story so instead of naming the chapter after an event, i named it after a flower with meanings based on the wiki page.
_______________________________________________