01 | Regain

01
Regain

Annyeong! This is the second book of Loving Her Trilogy. I know this is a continuation but I'm elated to start this story for I am about to start another piece for you to read. Our journey on the first book was challenging but I hope you'll come along with me again this time. You, my readers are the reason why I'm still doing my best to be part of this field. I had fun reading all your comments and I really appreciate how you hyped up my story. I will always be grateful to all of you.

❇❇❇❇

"Wacky! Wacky!"

I repeatedly attempted to grasp hold of the steel above me, but my short arms prevented me from succeeding. Nevertheless, I was determined to succeed.

"Wackyyy!"

I dropped my bum to the ground after losing control of the steel due to being startled and distracted by the scream. Although crying as a child is common, I chose to bear it and ignore the discomfort I was experiencing on my rear.

"Play!"

I glanced at the girl next to me who was vying for my attention as I continued to feel the pain in my lower back.

"Play, Wacky." she cried out.

I briefly locked eyes with her. Bakit ko naman susundin ang gusto niya? I wanted to play on my own, since kanina pa kami naglalaro.

I replied, "I don't want to."

"No! Play!"

"Are you stupid?" I asked.

Since she's only two, I believed she wouldn't grasp the word "stupid," but to my surprise, she proceeded to weep and start throwing tantrums, which, by the way, I've seen her do before.

She cried out and in the thick of it shouted, "Stupid. Not! Hate, Wacky!"

Even though she can only speak one word at a time, I can still understand what she is saying.

"You hate me? So you don't want to play with me anymore?" I taunted her.

She burst into tears even more. "No, no, no! Play!"

As a child, I was irritated by her tantrums, but I should know better because I'm older than she is and my mother taught me how to treat girls.

I sighed, "Then stop crying." Ako na naman mapapagalitan nito kapag nakita nila mommy na umiiyak siya.

I don't have any siblings, so I'm not used to caring for someone younger than me or anyone else.

That field is like a new discovery for me to unlock.

Nevertheless, my mother guided me whenever I needed it. Bilang bata, normal lang ang pakikipaglaro sa ibang tao. Nahirapan ako sa una pero hindi kalaunan ay natutunan ko kung paano makisalamuha. 

But that didn't last long, though.

As time passed, I found it difficult to make new friends because I had to be mature at a young age. My awareness heightened up as I became more aware of the changes in our family. As a result, I lost interest in befriending anyone my age. Instead of enjoying my childhood, I was already concerned about my mother.