06 | Blackpink

06
Blackpink

Sumakay ako sa harap at sinuot ang seat belt. After settling, she started the engine and drove away from school.

"Hindi talaga pwedeng magtanong?"

"Pwede, pero hindi ako sasagot." pilosopong sabi niya.

"Baka sa liblib na lugar mo ako dadalhin?"

"Hindi, ah! I swear, maganda iyong pupuntahan natin."

"Sabi mo, e." pagsuko ko.

Tumahimik na ako para makapagdrive siya nang maayos. I wanted to talk more, but I'm not sure if she wants to. It's already mid afternoon and the road wasn't that crowded yet. In my observation, she's quite a good driver. I wonder who taught her how to drive. Not many girls can handle a good driving, so it's surprising how smooth our ride is.

"Ang tahimik mo naman." puna niya.

Napalingon naman ako sa kaniya, "Do you want us to talk then?" I asked.

"Oo naman. Hindi mo naman ako driver, no. Sige ka, baka makatulog ako nito, maaksidente pa tayo." pabirong sabi niya.

"Speaking of which, I had an accident two months ago." I began as I glanced at her.

"Really? What accident?" she asked.

"Yeah. Car accident." I casually said.

"'Di nga? 'Wag kang ganyan, nagdadrive ako rito." she laughed nervously.

"Yeah. It was a rainy night and I remember it so clearly."

"Why are you driving late at night, though?" she asked.

I glanced at her while she's focusing on her drive, "Well.." I'm not sure if I should tell her these things, but since I opened it up, might us as well just tell her, I guess?

"I've told you that my dad and I weren't in good terms, right? And I ran away that night because he's making me commit to something absurd. Marry me off to Viy." I sighed, remembering again how disturbing that was.

"So, it's true then? She's not lying that night at the pub. She's really your fiance."

"No. I mean, supposedly. But I made it clear to them that I won't be doing it. Now that I've realized, maybe it's a good thing that I got into accident, because that topic submerged along with it."

"Huy. Don't say that. Nothing's good about being in an accident. Did you recuperate well or are you still in some condition, like broken bones or something?" she worriedly asked.

"Nah. I'm good. But.." I trailed. I looked at the window beside me and thought about it.

"There's something that is missing and I can't seem to find it."

"Missing what? Like material thing?"

Deep in thought, "No. Something more important than that, but the thing is, I don't know what it is."