Three

It's been a few hours since Jennie woke up but she has still yet to get up from where she's been lying down the whole time, apart from when she changed out of her dress.

After she finished dressing, the lady who helped her came back with someone, her cousin called Chaeng. Chaeng talked to her for a bit and examined her body for any wounds or bruises but there were none. Next, Chaeng asked her basically the same questions her cousin did and she gave the same reply.

When Jennie woke up she didn't remember anything and it took a few minutes for her to regain her memories; what happened and how she ended washed on the beach. She knows everything, she remembers the night before, the engagement party, the wall in her quarters tearing and her getting washed by the big currents out of the yacht. She remembers all those but she lied to Lisa.

The first thing that came to her mind when she was left alone by Lisa was how Jisoo's words kinda came true. Out of nowhere, something happened and she's given a new life. One where she's far from her parents and where they would never find her. And in a split of a second, she made a decision to turn her back on her real life the moment she said she can't remember anything.

Jennie is still in the room while Chaeng and Lisa are outside in the living room, talking in hushed voices. Jennie can hear them but their words are incoherent. She can only guess they're talking about her and possibly what to do with her.

The door to the room opens and Lisa emerges. "Chaeng just left to go to work."

Jennie nods. Surprisingly, Lisa sits crossed legged on the corner, facing her.

"This is very weird." Lisa chuckles awkwardly. "So you can stay with me until, I don't know." The younger lady shrugs. "You regain your memory? You find a job and decide to move out? But basically you can stay here for as long as you want. I'm just really worried about your family. I'm sure someone's looking for you and it will break their hearts not to find you. Chaeng said she can accompany us later to to go town and put a report about you and hopefully people who are looking for you will know you're safe."

"Thank you so much, Lisa."

Jennie notices that Lisa's eyes are trained on something in her hand and not to her. Lisa briefly looks up and looks down again before saying, "no problem." Lisa scratches her nape and looks briefly again at Jennie before training her eyes back to her hands. "I usually do a lot of things around the house because I live alone and I'm not asking you to help, not in your current weak state but if you want to do something you think you can, feel free to. Do you think you can walk?"

Jennie chuckles because she thinks Lisa is over estimating her physical incapabilities right now. "Lisa, I drowned. I wasn't on a car accident. My legs are fine, I can walk."

"Sorry." Jennie sees a slight red tinge glow on Lisa's cheeks.

"It's okay."

"Maybe I can take you down to the beach later, after school."

"That would be great. And wait, you go to school? You look a little old to be going to school."

"I go to school but not as a student. I help Chaeng with her students."

"Chaeng is a teacher? Why aren't you there now if you help Chaeng around?"

"I only go when it's time for them to read."

"Do you mind if I tag along with you later?" Jennie asks hopefully.

"Can you?"

"Lisa, what did I tell you?"

"Oh. Uhm, yeah. I guess she wouldn't mind you helping around." There's a few beats so silence between the two but the awkwardness is only palpable on Lisa's side. "If you want to eat," she points behind her to the direction of her small kitchen. "There's food out there. All I have is fish and kimchi, I hope that's enough for you."