Chapter 28.

Jungkook

"What?" I don't get what Sarah's saying. 

"Doing what?" Grace asks, equally confused.

"This," Sarah waves her hands at us.

"When?" I'm still blanking out on what she's trying to say.

I step away from Grace who even gives me a little push as if to say 'go work this out' and stand in front of Sarah.

"Just tell me," Sarah sounds defeated.

"But I don't know what you're asking me," my voice softens, I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"When you texted me you weren't coming to class, you said you had to help her," she looks at Grace standing on our left, listening, "what were you really doing?" this question, which is not asked nicely, is for Grace, who's staring back blankly.

Then it hits me. I never told Sarah that Grace was cheated on. 

"Grace, I never told her," I say, facing her now. I hope she gets what I'm talking about.

But Grace just keeps staring back at me confused as Sarah get more impatient.

I try to explain again, "I never told Sarah, why you were staying at my house," please get it this time, Grace.

Her eyes grow big with surprise and then soften and fill with so much gratitude and thankfulness  that it makes this whole misunderstanding worth it.

I knew she didn't want anyone else to know at the time.

Grace looks like her whole world just connected, like everything is clear now.

Her gaze boars into mine and after a few seconds she nods.

She's okay. She's really okay now.

I explain the situation to Sarah while the others go back to chatting.

"And that's why I didn't say anything, she was so fragile." I end.

Sarah takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry, I feel like an idiot for lashing out." 

"I'm just happy it's all cleared out," I lift her chin so she has to look at me, "but why didn't you just ask me?"

"Why wouldn't you tell me, I'm your girlfriend, you should be able to tell me everything," Sarah counters.

"It wasn't my thing to share, but I am sorry and I will try to do better," how hadn't I realised this was bothering her?

"Okay, I will be more trusting," Sarah exhales and pulls me into a hug.

I put my hands around her and look at the fire in front of me.

A pair of hazel eyes, now more brown because of the fire next to them, is looking right into mine.

I nod at Grace to let her know everything is fine and she responds with a smile that doesn't entirely reach her eyes.

Grace

I'm struck.

Jungkook hadn't told Sarah about Christian.

I told him he could, because I didn't want to cause any trouble in his relationship. But honestly I wasn't comfortable with letting Sarah know. She's nice and funny and great company. 

But at that time the less people knew, the better. I didn't want tons of messages asking me if I was okay, when I clearly wasn't.

And he didn't tell her.

Suddenly, everything is clear. You know that one moment it takes to put everything into perspective. This was my little moment.

Jungkook. 

I never felt butterflies in my stomach with Christian. I now get why, it's because I had given all of them to Jungkook, even if I didn't realise it. And he has given so much to me without realising too.

Jungkook.

No-one can make me laugh harder than Jungkook.

No-one has ever cared about me the way he does.

He dropped everything to make sure I would be okay.

He's been there for me like no-one has been before.

I trust him with all my heart.

I now know why.

Because I love him.

I love him with all my heart.

And I love him so much that I only want him to be happy.

And by the way he's talking to Sarah, he is happy. That's all I could wish for. Him to be with someone who makes him happy.

I smile when he nods at me, letting me know everything's cleared up.

I'm happy for him, I'm happy for him, I'm happy for him.... but why do I still wish it was me in his arms?

Jungkook

It's late, the bonfire's out and the party pretty dead.

After working things out with Sarah, we had a great night together. Just the two of us.

That's why I'm looking for Grace when we're about to head home.

"Where's Grace?" I ask Namjoon. He always keeps tabs on everyone to make sure nothing happens, so he must know where she is.

"She went home a while ago, said something about a last minute assignment," Namjoon shrugs.

Assignment? I though she had finished it yesterday. Maybe a new one came up?

I'll ask her tomorrow at movie night.

---

"Hey, hey, hey," Grace strides into my room, "I come baring gifts," she smiles when she sees I'm drawing on the celling over my bed.

I just finished the flowers on my wall and now moved to the celling.

"This is going to look amazing," she beams and sets her backpack on the floor next to my bed.

"Whatcha got in there?" I climb off the bed and grab my sleeveless shirt from the chair. 

Grace's eyes scan my torso as I pull the shirt over my head and I swear her cheeks get a little more colour in them and here eyes look lit up.

She quickly hands me a box full of my favourite cookies and pulls some books out of it as well.

"I've read these," she puts them back on the shelf, "and I made you some cookies to say thank you and also to celebrate your win yesterday."

"Thanks, babe," I pick up a cookie and give it a taste. Amazing, as always. "I've already set the new episode," I jump in bed and place the computer on my lap.

I lift the covers on my left side to let Grace slide in.

She's still standing by the foot of the bed.

"Would you get in here already?" I complain.

When she still doesn't move, I up my game, "I'm starting without you."

Grace quickly crawls on the bed and under the covers.

I pull her close and feel her tense.

What's going on with her today?

I press play and feel her body slowly relaxing and letting me hold her.