Talk It Out

"I can't believe that lying little bastard wants to talk to me!" Courtney fumes to Zoey.
The redhead shrugs,
"Maybe he wants to get back together, I mean.. you guys used to be the "It" couple,"
The two sit on the deck,
"I guess, but then he had to ruin it! Now him and Gwen are the "It" couple."
Zoey then shrugs,
"I don't know Courtney... you have some fault, remember the list? That might've hurt his feelings,"
"I hardly think Duncan has feelings."
Zoey rolls her eyes,

-
-

Zoey's Confessional

I get where Courtney is coming from, she's hurt by Duncan, and Duncan's hurt by her.

-
-

"Courtney. I think you and Duncan need to talk out, be the bigger person, weather you like it or not."
Courtney hugs her knees close to her chest, in a fetus position.
"Well, I gotta go to bed.. night Courtney."
She smiles back,
"Goodnight Zoey."
Courtney's head then whips back to the now clean ocean with the full moon and stars reflecting off the water. Her mind dances with thoughts she hasn't reflected on for three two years. Yeah she liked Scott... right? She still doesn't know that one yet, but her mind keep picking up on the punk himself. His smirked face has burned into her brain, it really bugs her without a doubt. And without a doubt she feels her heart break all over again. Just like in 'World Tour'
"Uh, hey."
She looks behind her and sees the devil himself,
"Hey." She says in return.
He sits beside her, same position,
"It's nice to have you talking to me again"
She rolls her eyes and looks the other way,
"I couldn't help but-"
"Duncan.."
They turn to look at one another, their eyes burning into each other's soul.

"Princess.."
Princess. The name she hasn't heard for what felt like a lifetime,
"I'm sorry"
Their response comes out in union,
"What?" They said again,
"Go first" they said again.
He then chuckles,
"Sorry.. for whatever I did to hurt you, I didn't mean to. I did love you, Duncan.. I still do. I know I shouldn't but..."
"But..?"
"You have Gwen, Scott and I... question mark. But-"
"Shut up."
The moonlight glistening in the blue colors of his cornea as they pierce into her own onyx,
"Excuse me?" She asks sassily,
"You talk too much. Let me talk,"
"After blaming me for your cheating, I'm apologizing and you-"
"It's not your fault, Princess. It's mine. I may like Gwen, but.. I know this is bad to say, and I never said it but.. I love you. I can't live without seeing you. I don't give a fuck if that's a little.. stalker-ish, but I do love you."

Silent. Nothing came out of both of their mouths,

"Maybe that was too strong" Duncan thought to himself

"Guess we're both fucked up, huh?" Courtney asks.
Duncan nods, he then looks at Courtney,
"Maybe we can get back together? Have you as the love one and Gwen as the "girlfriend." Duncney back together again."
As much as Courtney loves Duncan, she can't do that, unlike that goth man stealer, she has limits and pride.
"So.. what do you say?"
She lets go of her legs and let them dangle off the dock,
"As much as I love you.. I don't want to be the side piece. If you want to be with me and only me, I'll be here."
The green haired punk looks at his former girlfriend,
"Princess-"
"Duncan.. let me talk now, I can't be with you again."
He looks at her confused,
"But you just said that you would"
His tone came out more of a whine,
"You don't understand Duncan, you broke my heart."
"Princess I want to fix it-"
"But you can't. And I won't let you. I can't let you do that to me again,"
Duncan grabs her shoulders and creeps his way around the neck of the former C.I.T,
"One day, I will grab your heart and never let it go. It may not be right now, it may not even be in years, but whenever you want to, whenever you want to give us another shot. I'm pretty sure you remember my number, call me up, we can talk."
Courtney smiles,
"Friends?" He asks,
Courtney shakes her head,
"More like... frenemies."
The two then wrap their arms around them, she wraps her arms around his neck while did the same with her waist.

The two then let go and she starts to back petal,
"I'll see you next week." She says,
"See you next week."
Duncan repeats as he walks into the mansion.

-
-

(A.N: @basically_aria I hope this is what you wanted)