Chapter Thirteen: Graveyard Dancing

Andy bit at his lip ring, waiting for the door to the back of the bus to open. He'd been planning what he'd say for the last twenty minutes, going back and forth between just punching Matt or letting him have it. He still wasn't decided when the doorknob clicked, turning as the older man slowly pushed the door open.

His face looked tired, completely void of emotion as he shut the door behind him. The guitarist crossed his arms, leaning back against the wall, the lighter in between his fingers.

The singer swallowed hard; after the day he'd had, did he really want to get into another fight with Matt? The only person who had been consistently in his corner since day one? That's why it hurt so bad that the man he went behind his back, told his secrets to a complete stranger. He was supposed to be able to trust Matt...

"Andy... listen..." The older man finally broke the silence, hanging his head and looking down at his feet.

"Fuck you. You went behind my back. You didn't have any right to do that!" The singer shot back, cutting the man off.

Matt didn't seem phased by the harsh words or tone; he just shrugged his shoulders. The lack of a reaction only made Andy's emotions intensify, the worst part was he didn't even know what he was feeling. The day had been such a whirlwind of emotions, his brain was exhausted, his heart heavy.

"No, Andy. You lied, not just to me, but to the doctor. You put yourself at risk, and because I love you, I had to tell the doctor."

There were those words again. Only this time they didn't bring the calmness and serenity they did before, it was only fuel to the fire. How could Matt love him, but betray his trust like that? There was a voice in the back of the singer's brain telling him he was being irrational. If he was in Matt's shoes, would he not have done the same thing?

"You don't love me! You're lying to me!" Andy yelled loud enough for the whole bus to hear. Someone's voice was clearly back...

"Stop yelling," Matt said in a flat tone, rubbing his temples. "I'm sorry you feel betrayed, but I'm not sorry for trying to protect you. You scared the shit out of me tonight, Andy."

Andy opened his mouth to say something else, but Matt beat him to it. "Do you really want to fight with me right now? Cause that's all we seem to do. Or do you want to drop the fucking bullshit and let me be there for you..."

The singer looked down at this lap, his breathing shaky as he tried to fight back tears. Of course, he didn't want to fight with Matt. He didn't even know why he was acting the way he was. He didn't know if it was his pride or all the shit going on in his head that made him push away any form of comfort.

He was so scared to open up to someone, even Matt. He'd been burned too many times before. At the same time, he was petrified of losing Matt, he didn't have anyone else. Jinxx, Jake, and CC were his friends, but it had always been a business relationship. Matt... he actually cared. Andy knew he was pushing him away, self-sabotaging his own happiness.

"No... I don't want to fight with you..." Andy whispered, the anger subsiding as it gave way to the real emotions he'd been trying to suppress.

Matt pushed his hair back, sighing. He made his way over to the sulking singer, sitting down beside him on the couch. It was obvious that Andy was overwhelmed, the poor thing needed to go to sleep. One more show and they would have a day off, they both needed that.