Chapter 16 - Fix it

"Jo..- H-heyy.." Seokjin stutters.

He was expecting his assistant, Jo as he opened his door. Instead he was greeted with a wary Taehyung in his long white lab coat about to knock for the second time holding on to a box of brownies.

"H-hyung.. I got you something.." Taehyung says awkwardly reaching the box out to Seokjin.

Seokjin was glad to have realized his own feelings early on so that he could fix it. There was nothing worse for a gay man than to fall inlove with his straight best friend and be well aware that a romantic relationship could never be established. He needed to keep his distance, spending more time with Taehyung would just increase the chances for his feelings to deepen and, he doesn't want that.

He wanted this infatuation to just go away. This was even worse than his feelings for Hoseok. With Hobi, there was an actual chance of them being together, if he just gets the balls to actually confess and if Hobi actually feels the same. But with Taehyung, there was no way in hell for any romantic relationship to bloom. The man was straight no matter what Seokjin does, he will never compete to a whole ass woman like Taehyung's ex wife. He wanted to just love his dongsaeng platonically and care for him like he cares for Namjoon, he didn't want to ruin their friendship just because of his stupid heart.

But, he needed more time than just a few weeks to adjust his feelings for Taehyung, and his dongsaeng was making it very difficult. He was always eyeballing him whenever they were together in any social setting, always asking about him, always trying to get his attention, always trying to pour so much Taehyung into his life.

Seokjin wasn't even sure if he could learn to cope with his feelings while still remaining close friends with him. He's considered joining an upcoming missionary job just to be away from Taehyung for a couple of months and try his best at scrubbing off his feelings.

He needed to distance himself to protect himself.

Without thinking twice, Seokjin was certain that it would be detrimental to just let his dongsaeng know about his feelings, it would basically be the dumbest thing to do. In fact, it would without a doubt single-handedly end their beautiful friendship.

But Seokjin has realized that keeping his distance from Taehyung just made the other latch on to him even more. He thought it worked for about two days, Taehyung stopped texting him and showing up at the court when he was there with Hobi but now, he continues. Subsequently, Seokjin needs to come up with another plan and learning about Taehyung's sexual hunger just may be the key. It was nothing new, Taehyung did enjoy the activity after being set free from his horrible marriage and hearing the story over lunch just lit up a bulb in Seokjin's head.

Sure, it pained him hearing that Taehyung has hooked up with some random woman again but that's.. that's exactly what he needs.

Seokjin plans to push Taehyung into having a girlfriend so that it hurts. In that way, the pain will help erase his infatuation and turn him off. Then Taehyung would spend all his time with his new girlfriend and then he could just move on and things will all be back to normal.

"Brownies?" Seokjin smiles seeing the chocolate glazed brownies through the plastic sheet cover on the box. He needed to stay friendly with his dongsaeng for the other to not suspect his actions.

Taehyung visibly brightens up when Seokjin smiled at him as he took the box from his hands. Yes, his hyung was finally meeting his eyes again. He wished he brought Seokjin brownies sooner.