1

"And... Cut! Thats a wrap for today," Director Jung exclaimed.

I went to the dressing room to dress up into my casual clothes and went to my manager who was in a call with someone.

"So? Who was that?" I asked after the call.

"Oh, its just JNB entertainment... They were asking if you could take the role of Diana in their upcoming drama..." She replied while packing our things up.

"And...? What did you say?" I questioned her more.

"No," she sternly replied.

"WHAT? WHY?! DIANA IS A BIG ROLE! I DONT WANT TO MISS THAT!" I protested.

"So? Are you going to take that role?" She asked stupidly.

"Of course, why would I protest here if I didnt want it?" I rolled my eyes and went to our car parked outside. My manager, Shelly, soon followed.

"Why would you take that role? You have to finish filming this drama!" Shelly nagged while pointing at the script of my current drama.

"I mean I didnt say I wouldnt finish filming that," I answered coldly.

"Your schedule will be very hectic! You will have no time for yourself anymore!" She continued.

I just let out a sigh and closed my eyes. She's always like this, which is annoying. I cant do anything about it so I just let out sighs whenever I get full of it.

My mom hired her to be my second mom while shes gone to work. She gave her the right to nag at me when I do stupid things. But she told her not to decide for me. All she can do is to shout and try hard to convince me to choose the decision she wants for me. I never really got swayed. Nothing and no one can change my decisions.

I also never really wanted to become an actress when I was a kid but my mom forced me to do so and as years passed by, I guess I grew into it and I started aiming for the award, "best actress".

"Kimberly!" Jake and Tina yelled in front of my room door.

"What now?" I grunted irritably.

"Hey, what happened?" Tina asked while leaning on my door for her to hear my almost inaudible response.

"please dont enter, Im tired," I pleaded, "I want to rest."

I covered my ears with my soft pillow and tried to ignore the world.

Jake and Tina were upset so they left with a big frown written on their faces.

September 1, 2019

Sunday

"Kimberly, JNB entertainment sent the dramas script. Ill put it here at the dining table, Okay? Get it here when you eat breakfast. I need to do something," Shelly exclaimed from the dining room.

I quickly went down with excitement and grabbed my script.

Wait, whos the leading man? I quickly checked the characters that was included in the script and saw Darth Grey?

I went to my room shocked thinking Darth Grey is my partner in that drama. Darth Grey is the biggest artist here in Scotland. In fact, he has won 2 Academy Award for Best Actor.

I sighed in disbelief and smiled widely thinking Im able to get the award best actress. My biggest and only dream.

I rushed downstairs after doing a light make-up look, I dont want to look like trash going to the filming site.

Kimberly, Director Jung texted me about your current drama. He said filming might finish later than expected because of a problem," Shelly said while pouring water into her glass, "That drama JNB handed is going to start this month, we just need a few meetings about it before we start filming it.

"Okay? So? Whats the problem? Why did you need to share such information?" I questioned.

You will have a tight schedule like what I said, yesterday. You will not have enough sleep and–

I dont care if I get an hour of sleep or even a minute. Cant you see Darth is the leading man of this new drama? I have a big chance of getting more fame after this dramas release and thats what I want. I dont care what you say, you cant change my mind. Its not like I get sleep. I interrupted, I have insomnia, Shelly. Remember that.

Shelly sighed with an annoyed face and went to prepare my things. I went to the dining table and ate breakfast while reading my script with a smile of victory over an argument I was sure I was going to win to.

This is the start of my journey to get that award. Lets get it!

Please imagine that the girl in the multimedia is Kimberly. Image is not mine so credits to the owner.

published: 08.31.20