Epilogue

Samuel Orsini

When I opened my eyes the renaissance art on the ceiling greeted my vision. Beneath it is a huge and expensive looking chandelier. What the hell? Nasaan na naman ako?!

Napabalikwas ako nang bangon. There's a writing on the T.V.

Please don't panic Mr. Jonas. You're in the organization's cabin. Ms. Gozar will be with you in a minute.

I sighed in relief and sagged against the headboard. I remember passing out and I woke up in this close-to-paradise room. Napalunok ako at napahaplos sa aking noo. We're safe. Nothing bad happened. I glanced down on my clothes, I'm still wearing the same thing.

Napalingon ako sa paligid. There's a freaking view of a lake and the nature outside. The wallpaper is plain yet looking expensive. Maya-maya ay bumukas ang double doors kaya mabilis akong napatayo. My Mira Gozar entered in a wheelchair, somebody's pushing her.

"Have a great stay." The guy curtly nodded. It's the same guy who ordered me to shout. My fist balled and it took a lot of energy not to charge a punch.

Instead, I sneered. "Oh, fuck you!"

He didn't answer and immediately shut the door.

"Samuel! Please, Mister ko. Calm down..."

Mabilis akong lumapit sa kanya at lumuhod sa harapan niya para magka-level ang mukha namin. With shaking hands, I cautiously cupped her face. Hinawakan niya iyon at hinimas.

Relaxing and calming me down. Which worked a little bit.

There are purple bruises on both of her cheeks. They sew her eyebrow and there's a bandage on her forehead. My heart immediately breaks. If I could only take the pain and bruises away.

"Oh, my..." The tears fell on my cheeks. She reached for my cheek and wiped it. "How can I calm down if they did this t-to you?"

No matter what the reason behind those bruises and cuts, I can't wrap my head around the idea of her being beaten. I can't stand seeing those guys without seeing red.

"They hurt you, Miranda. They hurt my l-lady..." I settled my hands on her lap as my fists balled.

"Calm down...it's okay..think of it as this way, what they did was crucial. We protect secrets, countries, and billions of lives. That's why Pinuno had to do what she had to do. Which is testing me for my loyalty because she needs to see that she can trust me that I will not spill anything..because there are alot at stake..so it's okay..please, calm down.." Her touch is soft against my cheek.

Natahimik ako nang ilang sandali. I ran my tongue on my dried lips.

"Okay, if you still can't wrap your head around it...think of it as an exit interview in a local corporate company..but like in my version, it involves punching and bad guys.."

I made a face.

"You made it worse."

She shook her head and chuckled lightly.

Ilang sandali akong huminga nang maayos. I stared at her and gently held her chin. It made sense before but hearing it from her, makes it a little bit better.

"Fine, I understand.."

She smiled warmly as she held my hands and squeezed it.

"These bruises are nothing, I've been through worse, trust me." She gave me a reassuring smile. "It's all over, that's what matters..okay?" I sighed and nodded again. "Besides don't cry, mister ko. Save it when we're getting married.." She winked. Bahagya akong napatawa.