Mysterious New Girl

September 12th, 2013
Sadie's POV

As I sat down at the lunch table with the people I sat with everyday, which was me, Isabella, Kate, Poppy, McKenna, Lyndsey, Mary, Chloe, and Julia, I realized that there was someone new sitting at our lunch table. She had long, blonde hair, a big smile, and a loud laugh. Isabella was immersing in conversation with this new girl, and the new girl seemed to be enjoying talking to her. When there was a pause in their conversation, I said to this mysterious new girl,"Hey. I don't have any classes with you and I don't think that I've seen you around here before. My name's Sadie." "I'm Phoebe. I went to Normandy Elementary so I don't think I've ever seen you before. I met Isabella last week because I have a few classes with her so that's why I'm sitting with you guys today." Phoebe responded. Huh. Phoebe. Now that's not a name that you hear everyday.
I talked a little bit more to Phoebe, and so did everyone else, but Isabella talked to her the most. They were becoming fast friends. I never even really heard what they were talking about because I don't really think that they even talked that much. They pretty much just laughed.
When it was time for us to go to our first class of the afternoon, I sped down the hall to my locker and I noticed that Phoebe was close behind. She didn't notice me though, because she was talking to Isabelle and a girl named Riley. When I got to my locker, I realized that Phoebe's locker was only a few lockers down from mine! How didn't I notice that before? She caught me looking at her and glanced up at me and smiled. I could see just inside of her locker. She had put up magnetic wallpaper and a bunch of cute magnets. She had a ton of cute pictures of her and who I guessed were her brother and sister, because they looked almost identical to her. I must have been staring at her locker for a while because by the time I snapped out of my trance, I realized that she had already closed her locker.
I got up to my English room as fast as possible and jumped into my seat. I was super surprised that I wasn't late. The class started and a few minutes after it did, there was a knock on the door. Strangely, it was Phoebe. Even stranger, she called for me and said that she would like to speak to me.
I reluctantly followed her out of the door and she immediately began to talk. I was surprised at what she had to say. But, I couldn't even begin to explain the emotions I felt when she asked me if I could go someplace with her right that very second. Someplace that wasn't even inside of my school.