2 Birthday Surprises

September 12th, 2013
Sadie's POV

Phoebe spoke slowly and carefully, choosing her words wisely. "Well, since we both know Isabella pretty well, and since her birthday is today, I was wondering if we could run to the store and get some supplies to decorate her locker." Why didn't she think of this the day before? Why didn't she decorate it this morning? I smiled at her. "Of course!" I chirped cheerily. What was I thinking? Was I under a spell? Or even worse, hypnotized? She handed me a pink slip of paper that was my pass to leave school. I gave it to my English teacher and slowly backed out of the room. The door shut with a click and I was on my way to Michael's Craft Store with Phoebe when I should been at school learning. And my mom didn't even now.

Phoebe's POV

I felt my heart pound in my chest and sweat bead on my forehead. My long hair swished back and forth on my back as I made my way to the class that I was told that Sadie was in. I was really nervous because I had only met her that day, and I didn't feel like asking Emerson or Quinn, my two old best friends from Normandy. And besides, Sadie was Isabella's best friend in 5th grade. When we got to Michael's, I told Sadie to look around the store for birthday themed things while I looked for colorful Sharpies. Before we knew it, we were back in my car heading for Bridge Port Middle School. "So when's your birthday?" I blurted, trying to break the silence. "August 20th, you?" She said. "No way." My mom and I both said at the same time. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that my mom drove us there. Oops. "What?" Sadie looked completely confused. "That's my birthday!" I screeched.