Chapter 6: I'll Protect You, Niall.

Chapter Six:

Zayn's POV:

Niall was staring at me in disbelief. " Are you okay mate?" I asked as I placed my hand on his shoulder. " Sorry I'm late." I added apologetically.

Niall shook his head slowly and switched his eyes to the unconscious bodies laying on the ground. " What just happened?" he whispered.

I nodded slowly and started to explain. " I know this seems very confusing to you, but....uhhh... apparently, I can control people's minds. I discovered this a while ago, don't ask how I posses it cause I have no idea, but that's the way things are. It started ever since that bitch Thera bit me. I tried to hide it and refused to accept it, but I guess in time I got used to it."

Niall's mouth dropped slowly, then he whispered: " Soooo you. can. control. minds?!" I nodded and added: " I still can't sontrol it though, and sometimes it doesn't work at all."

He burst out laughing. " And how exactly do you do it?! Do you just whisper words to them or do you actually enter their minds...and can you do it with us too?!"

I sighed and quickly replied: " I can sit here all night explaining it to you, but now's not the time, we have to clean this mess first." I pointed at the motionless bodies laying all over the ground. " I'll try to erase their memories. I don't know if it'll actually work, but i'll give it a shot."

" You'll try to do WHAT?!"

I ignored his question and bent down to inspect the first body; the policeman's. His hands were spread on the cold concrete and his gun a few inshes away from his hand. His eyes were shut but there was something odd about the color of his skin, the way his veins were popping and looked like they were about to expload. Something in my guts pushed me to check his neck, and what I found sent shivers down my spine.

Bite marks!

I quickly ran to the other bodies; the woman's and the little girl's. Same bite marks were on their necks. I felt my blood boil underneath my cold skin, then I frantically checked all the other bodies and they all had the same bite marks. I ran the whole situation in my mind in a matter of seconds.

The traffic had stopped in the street, no cars or people are passing by anymore, and all the shops have mysteriously been shut down. I can't hear nothing around me except Niall's frantic breathing and his nervous footsteps. How come there isn't any police backup?! And how come everything is so quiet?!

This is very suspecious. Something stinks in here!

And then it hit me...we're being ambushed!

This whole scene is set up to ambush us! And who would make such an effort and go through all of this trouble just to do so?!... yeah, of course, the one and only Thera!

" Niall, we have to go!" I said suddenly.

" What?!"

" We have to go Niall...NOW!"

" Go where?! what about all these people?! and what about that girl?!" he pointed at the red haired freak.

" Niall, we were tricked. This is not what you think it is, It's an act, It's all an act. This girl and the truck driver they're all vampires, as well as all the others."

" What?!" he mumbled.

" VAMPIRES NIALL! THEY'RE ALL VAMPIRES!"

" What?! W-What d-do you mean by vampi......OH FUCK, ZAYN LOOK OUT!"

I turned around instantly to see what Niall was pointing at, but before I could turn around completely, someone jumped on me from the back. My body fell under his weight and I collapsed on the ground. I felt two paires of strong arms trying to suffocate me from behind. I gave him a punch in the guts with my elbow, then another one and another one, until I managed to release myself from under his grip and get a clear view of his face.