14: You and Me Against the World

One day, Joy and Wendy were taking a stroll at a park. The two have become closer to each other, and barely spoke to Yeri, Seulgi, and Irene…

It's really sad how close they were in the past… Now all of them were separated.

But that's how sometimes life is.

"Hey unnie." Joy wrapped her arms around Wendy's shoulder as they walked.

Wendy smiled. "Oh come on… why don't you just call me by my name instead?"

"... but you're older…"

"Yeah, well, I just thought that we became closer, that we could just talk casually." Wendy held onto the girl's hand, as Joy's arm was around her shoulder.

"Okay, fine." Joy cleared her throat. "Wendy, can I ask you something?" The two began to walk slowly.

"What is it?"

"I know it's been a month now without Irene unnie…" Joy's voice lowered. Yep, Wendy's spine shivered; she didn't hear that name in a while…

But who knows if her feelings changed?

"... I'm sorry… Do you still think about her…?" Joy hesitated for a while before asking that question.

Wendy sighed. "It's actually been a while since I've actually thought about her…" In Wendy's mind, she actually sometimes did think about Irene, but other than that, she really tried to forget about her. "I'm just trying to forget everything." She sighed.

Joy knew what Wendy was going through and comforted the girl. "It's okay, I'm here." She smiled at Wendy, who smiled at her back. The two continued to walk at a normal pace.

So Joy developed feelings for Wendy…?

"Yah! Let's not talk about that!" Irene slapped Seulgi's arm, as the two were walking in a park. "It was embarrassing!"

"Okay, okay!" Seulgi slid her hand in Irene's and intertwined their fingers. "I just like to tease you." She let out a small giggle.

Irene pouted her lips and faced Seulgi. The two stopped walking. "You're so cute when you make that face, you know?" Seulgi let out a small chuckle. Irene blushed and gave Seulgi a peck. 

Now Seulgi was red and made a cute embarrassed face. "Yah, you're so cute when you make that face, you know?" Irene mocked Seulgi and smirked.

"Y-You-!" Seulgi hastily wrapped her arms around Irene's waist in embarrassment and a comeback. She then tickled the girl. "That's ticklish!" Irene began laughing as Seulgi wouldn't stop ticking her.

The younger girl kept tickling her and kept laughing. "Y-Yah, people are looking!" Irene tried to stop Seulgi from tickling her. The younger girl then let go and hugged the older girl instead.

"We were so loud that they were looking at us!" Irene whispered.

"Yeah well, they're still looking." Seulgi chuckled and hugged her waist tighter and leaned closer.

"W-What are you doing?" Irene began to turn red and looked around in embarrassment. "People are looking!"

Seulgi smiled and only looked at the girl. "I don't care." Her face came closer to Irene's face that the older girl stopped looking around and only faced Seulgi. "They can judge all they want."

Irene was burning red by how close Seulgi was.

"It's you and me, against the world." Seulgi gave the girl a passionate kiss.

Once their kiss was over, Seulgi offered her hand. "Let's go?"

Irene nodded and slid her hand onto Seulgi's. "Let's go."

The two began walking in the park happily.

•••

Wendy and Joy were laughing about a topic they brought up and didn't care if other people were looking.

What a coincidence, Irene and Seulgi were laughing, too.

What more of a coincidence, they were so busy laughing, that they didn't even notice the familiar faces that just passed by.

Who are those faces?

Well who else was also walking in the park?

That even happen to be in the same park?

Oh, wait…

It was Joy and Wendy.

Wendy had probably noticed Irene and Seulgi, but she just kept silent, because she needed to move on and didn't want to bother them.

Sad, isn't it?

Sad, how two used to care so much about each other, and then can end up like complete total strangers. 

Were there regrets?

Maybe.

But was it all worth it, just seeing someone you really care about, be happy?

Yes, it is...

… Well, for Wendy.

Not everyone or everything has a happy ending.

"Irene?

Hi, it's been a while, hasn't it?

How are you? I really hope you're doing well. I hope you're happy and healthy.

You probably won't see this letter…

But I would like to congratulate you on your marriage. Congrats.

Wow, two and a half years have gone by already? That's so quick.

If you're wondering how I'm doing, which I don't think you'll ever wonder, I'm doing okay.

I told you wouldn't regret falling in love with her, right?

I got to say… Those past years being like a couple together were really great. I would never forget those moments. Really. You really made me fall in mad love with you.

I would like to say thank you.

For everything.

Even those moments that were difficult… thank you.

You made me realize that not everything in life can go well.

Irene, you are so lucky if you ever find this letter.

I haven't gotten to tell you how I felt about you and the words I really wanted to say to you years ago…. but….

I love you.

I know it's too late to say or write this, but I really meant it… and what are the odds of you even finding this letter anyway… 

I wish you to stay happy, healthy, and deeply in love with the person you love.

You can do that for me, right?

Fullfill my wish…. please….

One last time,

I love you forever and ever, and always."

      -  Son Wendy.

Fin.