Chapter - 6 : The Chase

The Fortune Sangam Hotel, Madurai :

LOUIS' P.O.V. :

I travel around half the world to find this man in the middle of a skin-burning city like this, and he refuses to give answers?

"You're mistaken, boy!", I yelled and lunged at him.

He looked shocked; of course my reaction would have got a reaction like that from anyone in that place. Of course, everyone in the lobby were looking at us with a mixture of confusion and fear.

I fell on Harry with my whole weight, and we went down on the ground. I grabbed his collar and started smacking him on the face with my fist. Gemma was looking on quietly, thinking that her brother would survive this ordeal. They're all mistaken.

He'll not survive this if I don't get my answers.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

HARRY'S P.O.V. :

I shook off my initial numbness at this unexpected assault, and started assessing my situation in my mind. An angry millionaire son of a criminal empire boss is punching me in the face. My personal bodyguard-friend Zayn was still passed out. Gemma was standing in a casual stance, thinking I'll escape this madman's grip with ease.

I'm a professional gunman. But a more-or-less-of-average hand-to-hand fighter. I decided to try some unprofessional moves in this encounter. I had to act fast, 'cause I could already taste the salty taste of blood in my mouth.

In an unexpected move, I raised my left leg with all the strength could muster when in a lie-down position. At his crotch. Dead-centre.

I got my desired result. Louis doubled over with pain, and rolled off me. I got up, and started walking towards the exit. Fast.

I fished out my makeshift key from my pocket as I ran towards the gated parking lot. Security for vehicles?

As I got on the Enfield, I could hear him cussing at the top of his voice. 

What the hell?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

LOUIS' P.O.V. :

"Hey! You won't let you get away so easily!", I yelled, as I ran towards him. He was running towards a gleaming red Royal Enfield. I tried my best to keep my pace up, but.... 

God, my crotch hurts.

"JOHN, give me the keys!", I shouted.

Catching the keys mid-run, I jumped into the driver's seat; only to see him riding through the outer gates. Putting the car in Drive, I stamped the accelerator and sped forward.

That rat is an expert at driving bikes

It was true. He weaved through the traffic as it was no big deal , while the wretched roads were an eyesore for me from the car. He was moving farther and farther away from me, and I couldn't do anything about it. I was used to get something which I wanted, and due to this fucking traffic, he's getting away!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

HARRY'S P.O.V. :

After an hour of the Tom-and-Jerry chase, I finally stopped at a big empty space which seemed more like a rice mill's threshing space. I looked around frantically, looking for a black Mercedes tailing me. But instead, a man in his early 50s drove into the mill on a motorbike. Trying to calm my mind down, I tried to focus on the man's features and glean some facts about him.

He had a thick moustache, slightly curved at the edges. His hair had a smattering of white in them, indicating his age. The worry lines on the sides of his eyes showed the stressful times he had faced. Radically differing, the laughter lines around his mouth spoke of his equally cheerful disposition. The tilak on his forehead symbolised his deep religious devotion. 

All put together, the man was a pure Indian to the core. 

 He cast a weird look at me, as if, What is this funny white man doing here?

I didn't see my adversary moving towards me from my back. I realised my mistake when I felt the receiving end of the gun against my neck. 

"Tell me the truth, NOW.", he said, eerily quiet.