Episode 1: Part 1

Snow cascaded down the night sky. The city dubbed "The Big Apple" was lit with an array of building and streetlights. It was a week before Christmas and basically every citizen was either running some late-night present shopping or enjoying the cold season. Well, almost everyone. Laying in watch atop a building were the ninja turtles. The turtles were no longer teenagers since they just turned twenty. Crime was still prevalent without the Shredder, but other than that life was annoyingly peaceful for them. The non-hectic lifestyle was hard to digest, but they grinned and bared it. After all, the world can't be in need of a rescue every day.

Though, for the past few weeks, there had been an increase in crime, specifically malicious vandalism and arson. Already three major businesses were demolished and an attempt on the former TCRI building had occurred. The cops were unable to catch the criminals, so the turtles took the task to assist them in the shadows.

"Any new sightings, Don?" Leonardo asked.

"Not yet." Donnie said, holding his advanced binoculars to his face. While his brothers were resting, the purple-banded turtle took watch for the perpetrators.

"Maybe they aren't going to show up." Raphael suggested as he was practicing his kicks and punches.

"Most likely not, they have a consecutive pattern of attacking every three days, and it would unwise of them to all of a sudden switch their modus operandi."

Michelangelo raised an eyebrow. "The heck is an Otis Miranda?"

"Not that. A modus operandi means a specific method someone uses. Like, for example, if a man is only attracted to dark-haired women, except more criminally based."

"You never stop being a smarty pants don't you Donnie?" The sarcasm in Ralph could be easily noticed.

"Hey, at least I got us here."

"We don't even know if anybody is co- "

"Guys, quiet," Leo commanded, breaking the forming argument. "I see someone."

And this time it wasn't another excuse to get his brothers to keep quiet.

Scouting near the back of the warehouse, two figures dressed in all black were hiding behind two dumpsters. One of them quietly rushed to the door while the other kept watch.

"Could be some amateur robbers?" Ralph said.

"We shouldn't take that chance. Stay sharp ninjas." Leo ordered.

Using their gymnastics skills, the brothers climbed down the watch tower and landed behind a dumpster. Since the area they were in mostly housed manufacturing factories, there were no bystanders to spot them.

Leo could see the figures go inside once the door was lockpicked.

"Keep to the shadows and wait for my signal."

The green ninjas stealthily entered the warehouse, sticking close to the walls as they looked for a hiding spot.

Standing at the center were five people conversing about their plan. If not for the stream of moonlight reflecting windowed ceiling, they would've blended in the dark. Large duffel bags settled by their feet.

"What are your orders, mam?" A tall man asked.

From Leo's view, he could see an average-sized female walking into the light. Her long, scarlet hair swayed delicately down her back as she walked towards her colleagues. Unlike them, she didn't sport an all-black outfit. She instead wore a sleeveless, light gray jumpsuit under a black vest. Her long legs were covered by knee-long, red socks. Dark brown patches of all sizes were scattered across her pale skin, creating a pattern somewhat like a cow's skin.