chapter 1

Inhale.

Exhale.

Breathe.

I open the door to my 1967 impala that my parents plan to give me for my 16th birthday. Inhale. Exhale. I feel a sudden loss of breath. This is the last day of middle school I think nervously to my self. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waste. "ASHTON!!!" I squeal. Ashton Iwrin. The boy of my nightmares. He's been my bestfriend since kindergarten. "yes?" he smiles in to the back of my neck. "YOU CANNOT JUST DO THAT TO A PERSON!" I screech holding my side laughing "you hobo."  "what did you call me?" "Do i have to repeat myself?" i giggle. "yes!" "okay fine" I look him straight in the eyes, "Ashton Iwrin, you are the hoboiest hobo i have ever met."  "why thank you my dear."  he replies scooping me off my feet. I roll my eyes. "Have a great day!" my mom yells as Ashton carries me into the school. As we take our seats in history, our last class of middle school, the principal comes on the loud speaker. "ALL 8TH GRADERS REPORT TO THE AUDITORIUM!" I groan. This is the last day of my school career and I have to go to an assembly? Hell no. We all get up and start to walk towards the door when I see Ashton talking to this girl Brianna. She has liked him forever. By the looks of it they are not having a normal conversation. Brianna runs over to me and squeals. "GueSs wHAt" she whispers breathlessly."HE ASKED ME ON A DATE!!!" she whisper squeals. "Omg that's great"

i say congratulating her. I look at Ashton. He looks truly happy. I give him a thumbs up and walk out the door. When we finally find seats in the back of the auditorium the principal is already front and center.  "usually," he started "we call you up in alphabetical order and hand you your diploma." This is the graduation ceremony?? I Didn't know that they did one for 8th grade. "Today we will be praticing the ceremony because we are going to pull your names out of a hat and hand you your diploma". Wtf. Why??? We dont need to do this right now. I feel my eyes closing slowly. I dream of what highschool will be like. Homecoming. Prom. Graduation.

 "BRITTANY STEVES." I moan.  "WHhhHaAaATtTTT" everyone laughs.  "Oh shit" I mumble. I rise from my seat and stalk to the center stage.  Mr. Redders hands me a fake diploma and I bow. "SMARTASS! " someone screams from the back.  "YOU KNOW IT! " I scream running down the stage.  "DISMISSED" yells Mr. Redders laughing. I fall asleep smiling that day thats the last time I remeber being happy.  

Inhale.

Exhale. 

Breathe.