◄ Blood IV ►

Warning: this chapter contains child abuse, child negligence, child molestations, and a few other potential triggering topics. This is to be expected in the future as well, given the plot of Diabolik Lovers. You have been warned!

lim·er·ence | Chapter IV

With the loud thunder and rain in the background, the blond-haired girl slept with a frown on her face. A clear sign of distress. She stirred in her sleep for a moment longer before her eyes opened at a particularly loud thunder striking.

"Was it a dream?" She asked herself.

Slowly, she sat up to take in the sound of the weather outside. "It's raining really hard."

She walked towards the only view of the outside and pushes aside the curtain. Yui stared at the flashing lights then looked down to the water fountain. She gasped at a figure of a woman outside; it's rare to have guests in the mansion, at least that's what she gathered from her stay thus far.

"What? Who is that?" She questioned herself.

The thunder struck again as Yui recognized purple hair on the woman outside. When the woman suddenly turned towards her,  Yui couldn't see the woman's eyes but the way her lips stretched out to a smile widely made Yui's heart started beating abnormally. It didn't take long before she felt herself fall to the ground, her body laid motionless as the balcony doors busted open and the wind gushed in.

The curtains fluttered in the wind for a moment longer before Yui slowly stood up. Her eyes seemed glazed over as she stared into the distance.

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

In the dark tunnels, Yui walked alone as she swayed side to side with the same dazed look. Eventually, she reached a familiar water fountain. Only at that moment was she able to come to her senses.

"Eh? Where am I?" She looked around, startled. It was no longer night as the sky lit up the mansion. 

Yui heard the sound of children's laughter as three children chased after one another. They quickly passed her figure without a glance at her still form.

-

One of the little boys, a small purple-haired boy wept as he tried to brush away the tears from his eyes. The boy was holding a familiar teddy bear with an eye patch. "The bats I just caught got away," he said, his voice quivering with loss.

"Don't cry, Kanata." One of the other two boys standing in front of the boy said, his hair a familiar reddish-brown and a mole on the right side of his chin. "We can catch them again." He tried to comfort.

"Yeah, stop your sniveling! Ore-sama will catch 'em for you! " The last boy, with his reddish-colored hair, spiked at the ends, said. The boy took off to do as he said with the other redhead following.

Sadly, they didn't get very far.

"Ayato." A stern voice called.

Yui watched as a purple-haired woman walked towards Ayato. "Is this where you've been?" her voice was cold. "Now come along with me."

"Is she the one I just saw in the garden?" Yui questioned.

Laito, seeing the exchange, grabbed Kanato's hand, "Kanato, let's go." and took him away from the two.