Chapter 40~

Cristina's POV:

"If you think you can beat me at whack-a-mole you've got another thing coming Hunter."

Shawn took me to an arcade today. He and I loved coming together with Cory when we started junior high. Since I started seeing Derek, I haven't been here much so Shawn thought it would be a good idea to come and get my mind off everything.

"Oh please, you're as rusty as my uncle's septic tank."

"Maybe, but i've always been faster than you and i've got major post breakup steam to blow off." I picked up the rubber mallet that was on the machine. "Eat my dust trailer boy."

"Not if you eat mine first Ms. Hairdresser from hell."

"Jeez you fail at chemically straightening one kids hair and chop half your hair off and all the sudden you're horrible with hair."

He laughs and puts the tokens in our machines and we start the game.

I start off pretty strong but then I see him getting faster and I can't seem to keep up. Just as his score passed mine the time on our machines ran out.

"HA!" He starts jumping around me and doing his little victory dance.

"You know what your mallet felt lighter than mine I think this thing is rigged."

"Aw, can't take the heat Carrillo?"

"No, I just can't take the injustice."

"Too bad I won."

"Fine then. Let's have a rematch and switch machines."

"No way. I know you well enough to know that if I do a rematch you're gonna play dirty." He says as he leans down and takes the tickets from the machine.

"Who me?" I say innocently.

"If you wanna get beaten at another game i'd be happy do let you roll in that sweet pit of defeat."

"Okay Hunter. How about a game of air hockey? If i recall correctly you've actually never beaten me before."

"Well there's a first time for everything."

"You're on." We go over to the air hockey table and I put four tokens into the machine.

We played for about 10 minutes before I got up to 12 points and won the game 12-5.

"Who's rusty now Hunter? At least before you'd put up a better game. A 7 point loss is just sad." I teased him and shoved his shoulder.

"You know what my arm is tired from carrying and wacking that mallet."

"My arm isn't tired."

"Shut up and let's go to the claw machine."

"Whatever you say." I put my hands up as we headed to the claw machine.

It was one of our little traditions that every time we'd come here, we would try to get something from the claw machine. We hardly ever get anything because the game is clearly rigged. But we still like to try.

"Okay what are we gonna try to get this time?" He asks me while rubbing his hands together.

"Hmmm. How about that panda bear?" I point to the stuffed animal in the back. "It's head is right side up so it'd be easy to grab, and there's nothing around it to stop the claw from gripping onto it."

"Nice choice Carrillo." He hands me two tokens. "Would you like to do the honors?"

"Why thank you Hunter. The pleasure is all mine." I put the tokens in and used the joystick to position the claw over the panda bear.