Chapter 65~

Shawn's POV:

I've been doing a fairly good job at avoiding her recently. It's only been 2 weeks, but hey the less I see of her the better.

No matter how many times I want to knock on her door and just look at her, I know it's better this way. It has to be this way.

She left me.

It hurt.

I got over it.

Just like I always do.

I was over at Cory's with Topanga. We were waiting for him to get the mail so we could leave to go see a movie. He was taking forever.

About 10 minutes later, we hear yelling and banging outside. It stops and we see Cory walk in while slamming the door. He looks defeated.

"What happened?" Topanga asked.

"I talked to Cristina." He said solemnly.

"Of-freaking-course." I turned off the tv and turned to Cory. "You guys need to stop talking to her. Look what she's doing. We've been in New York City for 2 weeks and we haven't gotten to do anything fun. You wanna know why? Because the joy sponge down the hall keeps sucking the life out of us."

"Shawn. You don't mean that." Cory said.

"I do mean it. And it's true. You went down happy and ready to go spend time at the movies. But 10 minutes alone with her and you look like someone ran over your dog."

"I just wanted answers Shawn. Which is more than I could say for you."

"Oh yeah? What answers did you get?" I stood up against the wall with my arms crossed.

"I know that she's still hurting."

"She's not hurting. She left us."

"I don't think she wanted to leave Shawn." I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious. She was crying. She couldn't even look at me. All she could say was that she missed us."

"She doesn't miss us. Missing us means that she actually cared. If she missed us she would have at least visited. She would've called. She would've sent a letter or SOMETHING to let us know where she was or if she was okay. But she didn't. She didn't miss us then. And she doesn't miss us now."

"You don't know that."

"You know, I don't even care anymore." I put my hands up. "Why don't we just move to another apartment complex?"

"We can't afford to live in any another building. We looked everywhere else." Topanga added.

Extreme situations call for extreme measures.

"Fine." I walked over the door and opened it. "Then i'm gonna go settle this myself."

Before they could convince me other wise I walked out the door and went across the hall.

It took me a few seconds to have the guts to knock. But I did it. I knocked. I knocked persistently until it opened. I heard shuffling and She opened the door.

"Cory what do you want—" She cut herself off when she realized it was me. Her face looked red. She had clearly been crying. She quickly wiped her tears and looked directly into my eyes. "Hi."

That's it? That's all she could say? After 5 years all she could say was hi? This is fucking ridiculous.

"I'm not here for a formal introduction." I said coldly. "What do you and your friend do for a living?"

She blinked a few times as if not understanding me. "W-what?"

"You heard me. What do you and your friend do for a living?"