2: Awareness

/~-_-^-_-~\/~-^-~\/~-_-^-_-~\

Ello and welcome back, I'm happy to say that people are finding my story,and of course,you as the reader are one of those people. So I thank you for sticking around. I'm sorry it's taken a bit, I've been busy with art projects,homework, and everything school related. Without further adieu,I give you the second part of my story. Enjoy!

------------------------------

•Death Keeps My Heart Beating•

Chapter 2: Awareness

"Ouchy!!" I whined,swatting at Jack's hand, not affecting him at all.

"Look, we need to get this wrapped up,so you need to be a big girl for just a little bit longer, ok?" Jack replied. He was smiling as he applied more cream to my arm.

"It's your fault I even have this stupid cut. I told you not to mess with anything." I sighed,kicking the cabinets below the counter I sat on.

"I was hungry,and you were taking too long with my uniform." He pouted. 'Ugh, even his freaking pout is nice.' I frowned at the thought.

"The uniforms were at the top and I couldn't reach them. I'm not exactly six feet tall like you are."

"I'm six feet-four inches actually." Jack remarked, finishing the bandage on my arm.

"It doesn't matter... I want you to mop up all of this frozen yogurt that you've made a death trap out of, alright? I'm gonna close up, because we are clearly not going to get anywhere today." I hopped off the counter to grab the mop in the back. I handed it to him and went into the dining area.

As I was putting the chairs on the table, I glanced out the window to see an eerie dark figure. I froze, an unsettling feeling traveling through my body. I stepped backwards knocking one of the chairs off, and it broke my gaze.

"Are you alright, Leo?" Jack called from behind the counter.

"Ah...uhm. Yes." I quickly picked up the chair and placed it in its original spot. I glanced up at the window again, and nothing was there. 'Maybe I just need some sleep.' I sighed and continued cleaning up.

~~~

"I guess I'll see you Monday then?" Jack asked and smiled.

"I guess so. Maybe I can teach you something next time." I rubbed my arm, knowing it'd be sore for a while.

"I hope your arm gets better. I feel bad that I caused it."

"Don't worry about it. I'll heal. Uhm, well I'll see you Monday." I smiled, giving a slight wave and turned around to walk to my car.

The ride to my house was uneventful, and my usual nightly routine was slightly untouched. Every night I'd come home to my empty house, take a shower, put on cozy sleep clothes and snooze for the next nine and a half hours.

I walked into my room and decided to check on my cut. It looked horrid.

My arm around the cut was black. Death black. It was like a black fog had swallowed that small area. I slowly grazed my fingers across it, and the blackness escaped into my cut. I stood there, shocked.

'Oh gosh, I definitely need sleep...' I made my way to my bed and collapsed on what, to me, felt like a cloud. I fell asleep immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I hope you enjoyed this new installment. Once again I'm unsure if this is where I'm wanting my story to go,but hey,as long as its interesting to you guys, I'll stick with it. Anywho, you will be seeing another chapter as soon as I can get it up. It may be uploaded during Christmas break, due to testing these next two weeks. Keep watch!