Chapter Twelve: Runaway Clown

Jack and I walked to another gate in Halloweentown. It was the one way to get to the Residental Area.

That's where Clown, the Mayor, and the Vampire Brothers live.

I used the key to unlock the gate and then we could get into the Residential Area.

But just as we made it inside, Jack stopped and then he heard someone screaming for help.

I spotted the tall witch up ahead and so, me and Jack went to talk to her.

"I was on my way home to get more supplies, when I heard Clown screaming and rapidly riding around. It seems that those Oogie baddies installed an engine inside Clown's unicycle. Jack, maybe your bag of tricks could help".

The witch explained.

But I shook my head.

"That won't work without some kind of tool, you'll just get yourself run over by Clown's unicycle if you tried that".

I told Jack.

"Then, we must head on over to Dr. Finkelstein's lab and ask if we can borrow a tool from him".

Jack and I quickly ran over to the doctor's lab.

When we got there, Sally was making soup for the Doctor.

"Oh Jack. I forgot to ask you. Is the doctor himself again"?

"Yeah, Oogie switched his brain but we fixed him up as good as new".

Sally smiled and then picked up a bottle of Worm's Wart and then she poured some in it the cauldron.

I gagged at the weird smell it had.

After Jack said goodbye to Sally, we both headed up the ramp.

Once we finally got to the little elevator, it took us up to the lab.

Dr. Finkelstein had his back towards us and he was working on something at his table.

Jack walked over to him.

"Is that you Jack? And your new friend F/n"?

I smiled and gently patted the Doctor's hand.

"Yep, the one and only Pumpkin King and his spooktacular assistant".

I grinned, and Jack looked over at me with a confused facial expression.

"You say that you need a tool? Well, help yourself over there".

Dr. Finklestein watched as I quickly began to rummage through a cardboard box of tools.

"There are all kinds of tools here".

Jack said.

I soon found a bone driver, which was like a screw driver that could fix anything.

We then left the lab and I picked up Jack and flew us over back to the Residential Area.

"Splendid! You found a tool"!

The tall witch gleefully spoke.

Jack used one of the scare devices and then when it was activated, it scared Clown and he stopped.

The skeleton quickly used the bone driver to remove the crazy engine from the unicycle.

"Oh, thank goodness! I've finally stopped".

Clown was finally able to go at his own speed again.

"Are you alright Clown"?

I asked.

"Yes, thanks to you and Jack. I just hope that the Vampire Brothers up the street are okay. I saw some of Oogie's baddies head that way when my cycle went psycho.

"I hope so too".

Jack answered, looking at the gate.

"But that gate is closed and we can't get through".

I protested.

"No problem. There's a secret lever on the top of my house. I'll open the gate for you and the Mayor's house is on the other side".