SR - FRIENDS

After Sooyoung told her about Joohyun wanting to transfer rooms, Seulgi had lost hope. She felt awkward being in their room more than ever. And because of that, she tried avoiding Joohyun by leaving their room too early and coming back in too late just before their curfew.

Sometimes she comes home seeing Joohyun already sleeping. But on days when Joohyun is still wide awake, Seulgi's strategy is to go for a quick shower before heading to bed without talking to her roommate. This is the best solution she thought of so Joohyun won't feel awkward around her.

"It's just for one school year," she kept telling herself. "Next year, she'll have the chance to transfer rooms."

It was one of those nights when Seulgi came home late. Just after she opened the door, Joohyun is walking around the room with just a towel wrapped around her body.

Seeing the shocked expression on Joohyun's face, Seulgi immediately closed the door behind her.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, walking towards her closet, her eyes on the floor. "I'm gonna take a quick shower so you can change here."

Seulgi grabbed all the clothes she could and swiftly walked to the bathroom.

"Seulgi..."

Seulgi felt her heart flutter with the sound of Joohyun's voice calling her name. She turned to the lady. "Yes?"

"Are you... are you avoiding me...?"

Seulgi opened her mouth to say something. But seeing Joohyun's almost naked body distracts her thoughts. She tried to focus her eyes on the other woman's face, but she can't help noticing Joohyun's exposed shoulder and neck.

"Seulgi, are you okay?"

Seulgi almost smacked herself for acting like that. But she needs to get out of the situation first.

"I... uh... I'll take a shower first. Let's talk later." Without waiting for any response, Seulgi went into the bathroom and locked the door after.

---

Seulgi slumped back on the passenger's seat, feeling relieved that they are out on the field now.

"Wow, you look like you just got out of the trial room, Cap," said Amber, who's on the driver's seat. "Is she still making you nervous?"

Seulgi smiled and shook her head.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" Sooyoung stuck her head out between Amber and Seulgi. "Having a private conversation here while Krystal and I are just sitting behind you?"

"Yeah. You three, including you Cap, have been acting weird. What's up?" asked Krystal.

The three friends looked at each other. Seulgi gestured not to tell Krystal who Joohyun is. All SAU missions are being monitored in real-time. She doesn't want to cause a commotion in the Control Room, knowing Joohyun and her mom are there.

Amber nodded, and Sooyoung settled back on her chair.

"We were just talking about Captain's first love," said Amber, making Seulgi and Sooyoung look at her with bulging eyes. "We've known her for years. But this morning, during lunch, was the first time she ever talked about it."

Krystal scooted closer. "Wow. Interesting! So, what about it?"

"C'mon, guys. I'm not going to talk about my personal life with you. Not on this trip," said Seulgi lazily.

"You don't have to tell us, Cap. Sooyoung can tell us. Right?" said Amber, quickly glancing at Sooyoung from the back.

"Yeah. It'll be my pleasure." Sooyoung smirked. "I was lucky enough to witness how it blossomed."