SR - DISTANCE

Troop C kept walking on the empty street, whispering into each other through their mouthpiece.

"After graduation, where were you assigned, Cap?" asked Amber.

"I was assigned here for a year. But after that, I got transferred to the Northern Base Camp."

"That's far from here," said Krystal. "Was that the reason you broke up?"

"Nope. We were in a long-distance setup for years. I visit here whenever I get vacations."

"You must've missed each other a lot at that time. I know the feeling," said Sooyoung.

Seulgi smiled.

---

"Hey, baby..."

"Seulgi! My gosh. I missed hearing your voice!"

"I missed hearing your voice too. How are you?"

"Doing great because my baby is going home next week."

"Haha! Me too! I can't wait to see you."

"You have no idea how much I'm missing you now, Seulgi."

"Awe. I'm sorry if I was busy lately."

"Totally cool. I understand that my girlfriend's got a world to save."

"But I promise that next week, until the rest of my vacation, it'll be just you and me."

"Awe... I love you! I love you! I loooove you!!!"

"Haha! Oh, I love you more, Hyun-ah."

After eleven months of not seeing Joohyun, barely talking on the phone due to schedule conflict with their works, Seulgi was more than eager to see her girlfriend. She told Joohyun she was going home next week when in fact, she was going home today. Joohyun's dad helped in surprising by making sure Joohyun stays in her room that day. Seulgi arrived at the house silently, greeted by Joohyun's dad warmly. Joohyun's mom, as usual, just ignored her. But Seulgi didn't mind. What's important is she's going to see Joohyun any second now.

Seulgi knocked on the door three times.

"Come in," said Joohyun from the inside.

Seulgi smiled. Slowly, she turned the knob and pushed the door open, smelling Joohyun's scent. She felt more excited as she'll be able to hug and hold her girlfriend again.

Joohyun, who was lazily lying on her bed, turned around to look at the person who entered her room. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Surprise."

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Eeeeeeee!" Joohyun quickly ran to Seulgi and jumped into her arms.

Seulgi's back hit the door when she caught Joohyun in her arms. She laughed.

"Oh my gosh! I thought... I thought you were..."

"That's why it's called a surprise, Hyun."

Joohyun pulled back and gripped Seulgi's left arm.

"What are you doing?" asked Seulgi.

"I'm just making sure this isn't imagination. Your arm is getting firm, huh?"

"Lot of workouts in the Base Camp."

"Do you even eat?"

"Of course. That's something we're forced to do there. Don't worry."

"Are there any girls flirting with you there?"