INT. TRANSFIGURATION CLASSROOM - MORNING

The Marauders sit in the middle of Transfiguration class with the rest of 3rd year Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. They all look very bored. PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL is rambling on about a new technique they are going to learn. Sirius, James, and Peter play around with their wands and whisper to each other while Remus listens to McGonagall.

SIRIUS
(whispering)
You think I can make that book levitate off her desk?

JAMES
(whispering back)
Do it, you won't.

MCGONAGALL
(as Sirius pulls out his wand)
Mr. Black, I doubt making the books on my desk fall is going to help you pass your O.W.Ls in this class when the time comes. Maybe you should put your wand away and listen to me for half a second.

Sirius obediently puts his wand away.

MCGONAGALL (CONT'D)
Now, James, since you are such good friends with Black here, you'd be inclined to tell him what I was talking about a moment ago.

JAMES
Um- I-

MCGONAGALL (CONT'D)
Oh, you weren't paying attention either. Maybe Mr. Pettigrew will tell the two of you?

Peter pulls out a book and buries his head in it.

MCGONAGALL (CONT'D)
Would anyone like to tell these three what I was discussing just before.

MAXWELL'S hand shoots up.

MCGONAGALL (CONT'D)
Vane, please enlighten the boys.

MAXWELL
(cocky)
We were just speaking about the Lapifors Spell.

MCGONAGALL
Thank you, Mr. Vane. 15 points from Gryffindor and 15 to Ravenclaw.

All the Gryffindor students groan.

MCGONAGALL (CONT'D)
Now back to the Lapifors Spell. As I was saying, the Lapifors Spell is an object to animal transfiguration charm. Does anyone know what animal this spell is centered around.

Marlene raises her hand. McGonagall points at her to speak.

MARLENE
The rabbit!

MCGONAGALL
Yes Ms. McKinnon, the rabbit. Now could anyone think of a time when this spell would be most useful?

James, Sirius, and Peter all look at each other menacingly.

JAMESProfessor, what is the incantation for this spell?