Part 3

Dinner was done. Tatakas sana ako papuntang kwarto ng bigla akong tinawag ng mommy ko. "Rose, bakit di mo ayain si Adrian sa garden? I know you and Adrian have so much catching up to do." she suggested.

"Okay 'my." Mission failed.

"Thank you for the meal. Namiss ko luto mo Tita Rosie." sabi ni Adrian sa mommy ko.

"Maiwan muna namin kayo. Let's go Adrian" sabay hila ko sa kamay niya.

Naglalakad kami patungo sa garden. We fell into silence like an old habit, but this time, the silence was suffocating. I could see the silhouette of a swing, malapit na kami. Parang mini-forest ang garden ng bahay namin sa dami at kapal ng halaman. Colorful flowers were blooming everywhere and a paved rock road led to the middle of it. And in the middle of the garden stood a wooden swing na gawa sa matibay na kahoy. The swing was designed and crafted for me by my grandfather who was into woodworks. He told me he wanted to share a piece of him and my grandmother's memory with me. Madalas daw sila mag date noon ni lola sa swing ng park. It's perfect for lovers. I can share this swing with the man I'd spend my future with sabi pa niya. I brought Adrian here when I fell in love with him. Nagbakasali ako na if dalhin ko siya dito, magiging sigurado ang future namin like my grandparents. Dito kami madalas magpalipas ng oras. Adrian and I had so many good memories here. Dito niya unang sinabi na mahal niya ako at dito ko rin siya unang hinalikan to symbolize the start of our relationship. Saksi ang lugar na to a lot of our firsts namin. I glanced at the man I used to love, the one I gave my everything to. He's wearing a blue long sleeved shirt and black slacks na fit sa kanya. It outlined his wide shoulders and ripped arms. Beneath his shirt, I'm pretty sure he still has his 6 pack abs. He works out a lot and engages in triathlons. Standing at 175cm with almost perfect proportions; deep set brown eyes, pointed noise, pink lips and a strong jaw oozing with sex appeal. Tall, mestiso, and handsome, that's Adrian. I can't deny na gwapo siya. He had always been sexy. He was perfect, sabi pa nila. It was one of the things that had me drawn to him. I sighed. I used to love looking at his face and getting lost in his eyes. But he broke my heart. My eyes then went up to his. He had a faraway look in his eyes. Sometimes I wonder bakit umabot pa sa ganito? I thought we'd last forever. Akala ko nung una niyang sinabi niyang mahal niya ako, it would all be roses and pink skies. I guess I was too childish and naive.

"How are you?"

I just looked at him.

"Babe...please?" inabot niya ang kamay ko

"Stop calling me that. Wala ang parents natin dito. Drop it."

He looked hurt. The last time we saw each other was when I broke up with him dito sa garden.

"Until when are we pretending? Wala ka bang balak sabihin sa parents mo ang totoo?"

"Wasn't it your decision na wag muna natin ipaalam?"

"Are you telling me it's my responsibility?"

Napabuntong hininga siya at humawak sa balikat ko. "I know it's my fault and I already apologized. Can't we just get back together?"

"Don't touch me!" singhal ko. "And no, we aren't getting back together. I have nothing else to say to you Adrian. We're done. It's over. You better man up and tell your parents about it unless gusto mo ako ang magsabi sa kanila."

"Babe, I mean Rose, please don't. Alam mong masasaktan sila mommy. I don't want to break their hearts."

"Then you shouldn't have broken mine."